PDA

View Full Version : Bella Valentine

AgileOllie
03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Do you guys remember Bella Valentine? She is the dachshund I found in the middle of the highway last month. I literally rolled over her with my truck and didn't hurt a hair on her head.
Anyway- Her adoption was just finalized. She is now home with her mom, dad, fursister (a cat) and husister.
She is in hog heaven and lovin every minute of it.
Just wanted to share!

Here is the report I got from her new mom and dad:

We're thrilled to announce the OFFICIAL ADOPTION of our newest family member, Miss "Bella" Valentine!!!!!!!! She is the ultimate lap dog & is so very sweet ~ she is everything we had been searcing for!!

Miss Bella was rescued by a volunteer with Dachshund Rescue from the middle of the highway. (If you would like to read her touching "story" & see photos, here is the link to her SSDR profile.... Bella Valentine )

If you or anyone you know might be interested in opening up their hearts & homes to foster a homeless animal (short or long term), please contact APAWS (www.apawspets.org), Dachshund Rescue (SSDR.org) or ANY rescue organization to fill out an application & get more information. There are many dogs & cats rescued on a daily basis, some of which are pulled from euthanizing shelters on their "last" day. There is a great need for "foster" homes, as most rescue organizations do not have an actual facility ~ they depend upon people just like you & me to give these animals a safe and loving home until they are adopted into their "forever" homes. Once they are rescued, they are taken to the vet & treated for anything needed, including being spayed or neutered. There is typically no expense to you as a foster parent.....just your time, but you may want to check first to be sure. We know through personal experience that rescue organizations like APAWS & SSDR strive to match adoptive families with the RIGHT dog for them ~ by getting just the perfect match & allowing families a trial period or to foster before they adopt, it greatly lessens the chance of these animals ever becoming "homeless" again. And of course, you may fall in love with your foster & choose to adopt yourself! We will forever love our 3 short term foster babies! Stepping off the soapbox now.....hahaha We just believe these are important causes & want to do what we can to help get the word out! :-)
Joy, Matt, Avery, & Miss Bella..............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/agileollie/bellahome.jpg

Frzframe
03-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Awwwww that is so great! I just love happy beginnings that adoptions bring. :D

Jen
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
:awww: I love happy endings! Thanks for sharing!

areese
03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
AWWWWW! they both look very very happy!!!
Good job!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Oh how sweet is that.

Patt
03-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the update, looks like a very happy pair! :hearts: :hearts:

p.s. I had to look twice, the little girl looks like my Great Grandaughter. :shocked:

Nancy
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
what a great adoption story!!! glad everything worked out!

Mama S.
03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Beautiful!! Now when does Mom join us?!
Sandi