PDA

View Full Version : Solid Gold's Green Cow Tripett

Michelle
03-27-2006, 05:58 PM
OK, I have a very strong stomach and can handle just about any smell, and can touch and handle all kinds of raw meat etc.. but I just bought the girls
a can of that Solid Gold Green Cow tripett and just about :vomit:

That is some seriously NASTY stuff!!!, OH, but did the girls love it!!
They inhaled it like there was no tomorrow and ate that first and then
inhaled the raw medallions

what I don't do for the happiness of my doxies!!!

lotsadox
03-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I've used Tripett. I can't remember what brand, but it didn't smell as bad as some of the others. Mine was Green Lamb from New Zealand. Maybe that makes a difference? :scratch:

laura
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
funny you should mention that! I just ordered some...I will be forwarned and hold my nose! do you give it to yours for treats or mix it in with dinner or?

Michelle
03-27-2006, 06:31 PM
funny you should mention that! I just ordered some...I will be forwarned and hold my nose! do you give it to yours for treats or mix it in with dinner or?

Well, the Solid Gold variety is like a brownish puky muck, it looks like something from Fear Factor where they put earthworms in a blender
and then pour it in a glass to drink, it is so soupy that you would have to
feed it as a meal and I just slopped it onto a paper plate with their frozen
medallions, and boy make sure you hold your nose!!!!!,

Stupid me always has to smell everything so I took a big wiff of it when i opened it up cause it did not look like I thought it would and boy I almost got sick

LUVMYGUNNER
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I got the Solid Golds Green Cow and mine love it--it does make me sick to my stomache.

jennie_c_d
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I've not used Solid Gold's tripe, b/c it's grain fed, but I've used Tripett's New Zealand Free Range Lamb tripe. The girls LOVE that nasty stuff.

lotsadox
03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
That's what I got Jennie. I didn't think it smelled all that bad. I've smelled worse. Of course I've run raw liver through the blender to feed to an anemic dog. At the time I had the flu and thought I was gonna lose it when I opened the top of the blender! Whew! :shocked:

Mama S.
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Scribbling note to self - DO NOT SMELL product!! I'd hate to lose it all over thir dinner.
Sandi

Jen
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Ok, I use the one on Sit Stay (http://www.sitstay.com/store/edibles/tripett.shtml) and it smells pretty bad. But Tasha LOVES it!! So about once a month I open a can, and put 2/3 in containers in the freezer, give her the other 1/3 over a few nights. I just hold my breath while giving it to her. But when DH has to wash the empty tupperware he complains about the smell!