PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Penny?

BarbaraClark
04-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I need some vet help...Penny's stomach is hard, and bloated. It's been like that since this morning, but I figured it was just gas. She's thrown up once, and now she is shaking like she is cold. What is going on?

alfina
04-02-2012, 06:16 AM
You need to get her to the vet asap. Shaking = pain. It can several things and she needs to be seen by a vet

Lisa
04-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Totally agree, please get her to a vet. Shaking can also mean fever, but like Olga said, it is the #1 sign of pain.

Hopefully, you got her into an e-vet last night. Please update us when you can.

AgileOllie
04-02-2012, 06:43 AM
If you need vet help, you need to get to the VET, not to the DLC! Her stomach could have twisted. She needs to be seen NOW.
Pet Emergency Clinic
1501 W. McNeese St.
Lake Charles, LA 70605 Phone: (337) 562-0400

I hope she's ok!!!!

areese
04-02-2012, 07:24 AM
hard stomach and shaking can be her back, also. Needs a vet asap.

Alex's Mom
04-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Those are the classic signs of bloat, a life threatening illness and a code red crisis. I REALLY hope you got her to the vet last night, and if not, that you're there now!!! Please keep us posted, ok? Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:.

Kasianni
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I was going to say bloat at well was the first thing that came to mind...I hope we get a good update? Has anyone heard anything???

Patt
04-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Excellent advice given. I hope Penny is at the vets now and doing okay.

Sending healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Please give us an update.

BarbaraClark
04-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Sorry guys, have been super busy. I called the E-vet and they walked me through examining her, and they decided I could wait until morning because she was sleeping and walking around normally and didn't seem to be in too much discomfort. This morning (when i got up to take her to the vet) she took 4 giant poops and then she was all better, thank God. Lol. No hard belly, no shaking, she's fine and dandy now. Thanks for all the advice and rays and worry...she terrified me!

AgileOllie
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Wow. That's good news. Which vet walked you through an examination? Most vets would have you bring a dog with those symptoms right in, sleeping or not. Glad she's ok.

Rae
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Glad.... Everything came out all right!!!!

Patt
04-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Penny is sooo lucky! The way you described her symptoms it did sound like bloat or possibly a blockage.
I'm happy to hear Penny is doing fine. :cheer3:

BarbaraClark
04-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Wow. That's good news. Which vet walked you through an examination? Most vets would have you bring a dog with those symptoms right in, sleeping or not. Glad she's ok.

The over night one. I explained that I really don't have the money for an e-vet trip (was an outrageous amount just to be seen...I love my Penny but when you don't have said money, you don't have it.) and he very politely walked me through feeling her and describing what I felt and then he asked me to get her to walk and take her outside and tell me what she does....since she went outside, tail wagging, and then came back in and curled up and went to sleep (acting basically normal) and didnt seem to be in pain when I touched her belly, he determined it wasn't bloat and at most just a blockage that could wait a few hours until the real vet opened. By the time 7 am rolled around, she was right as rain

LexieLuvr
04-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow - how scary! You were so lucky that a vet would do that for free.

doxyzoo
04-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Glad.... Everything came out all right!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha :rotfl: (No pun intended, right?)