PDA

View Full Version : Scooter's Trial Run

lotsadox
04-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Tomorrow night we're taking the dogs to the local LaQuinta for a trial run to see if Scooter has calmed down enough to go to Buda with us. Please send calming :bigrayz: for Scooter to succeed. If he doesn't he's going to have to be boarded and I really hate to do that.

I've got his thundershirts, benadryl and rescue remedy ready to go.

Rafi
04-14-2012, 12:59 AM
:crossfin: I hope scooter is calm :)

Alex's Mom
04-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Calming :rayz::rayz::rayz: (using baby, calm, peaceful rayz here :)) coming your way!!! Let us know how it goes, 'k? :hug99::hug99: (BTW, what's a La Quinta?)

Tex
04-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Paula, La Quinta is a motel chain here that is very dog friendly. In Texas we like to joke that "La Quinta" must be Spanish for "behind Denny's or IHOP" because they seem to be built in pairs. Makes for yummy breakfast. :)

Hope that Scooter did well & can travel to Buda :). (I need to start making plans for that)

areese
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
:crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin:

Yolanda
04-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Mr Scooter Buda is fun so we hope you do great.

lotsadox
04-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Sunday Update -- Well, Scooter was much better than a couple years ago when we took him to Buda. He did lay down and sleep just tended to growl or bark at every noise and in a hotel there are a lot of them. I forgot the thundershirt. Bad mom! I'm wondering if that would have helped him. I'm going to try to talk the DH into going back next weekend and I'll take the thundershirt along. I'm thinking that maybe he'll get used to it if we take him a couple times. I should have started doing this a while ago, but the DH insisted he was going to do it. I should know that he has good intentions but not a lot of follow thru. Again bad mom!

areese
04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
it DOES take a few times for dogs to get used to motels. Mine are old hats at it now and are very quiet unless there's really a lot going on outside.
I used the thundershirt on Owen at the last trial we went to, as he is protective of Salsa and our pen and it did seem to make him more relaxed..

lotsadox
04-15-2012, 11:47 AM
I know it does. Cash and Miller are fine. They just lay down and go to sleep. They didn't even bark when the kids were yelling outside at MIDNIGHT. They just sat up and looked around. Of course, Scooter barked. :rolleyes:

Alex's Mom
04-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I know it took Alex a few times to get used to it, but she also became pretty blasé about the whole thing. I was more worried about her peeing than about her barking :). I bet if you took him a couple more times he'd be great, esp if the other 2 are cool about it.

lotsadox
04-15-2012, 01:59 PM
The hard part is that we only have one more weekend before Buda. With things are busy at the office as they are missing half of your night's sleep during the week is not good. That's why I'm going to try to talk the DH into going next Friday (we're committed on Sat night) and take the thundershirt and see what happens.

Lisa
04-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Keep us updated. Go Scooter, go Scooter! :crossfin: :crossfin:

lotsadox
04-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Okay, we made the decision tonight that since Scooter would lay down and relax (last time he was in a hotel he was pacing, panting, barking, stressed and ballistic the entire time) and he only growled some and barked a couple times at noises, that we're going to try taking him to Buda. We're just going to make it a lazy relaxed trip and get up and going when we do. No time schedule to keep so if he wakes us at night we can just sleep in a bit later in the morning. We'll see how it goes :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: AND I'm going to be sure to pack the thundershirt :rolleyes: