PDA

View Full Version : Lili update

Lisa
04-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I just spoke to SarahEllen and Miss Lili will NOT be having surgery. She showed such amazing improvement with just 24 hours of drug therapy, they do not recommend it. She had the CT scan and although there is compression, the disc is not blown.

Lili will be on 6 - 8 weeks of crate rest. So both her and her Mama still need rayz, but it is great news that she is improving so quickly. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

RustysMom
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
wonderful news!!! :cheer3: whew!

Many more healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: heading your way and tons of :hug99:

areese
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
it's amazing...like a miracle. she wasn't even on antiinflamatories. Only pain meds! And for a surgeon to say don't do surgery..that's a miracle right there!!

Alex's Mom
04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
OMG, this is SUCH good news!!!!! Obviously a great vet hospital :). Tons more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:!

lotsadox
04-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow, I'm stunned! I was expecting to hear about how the surgery went when I saw Lili Update. Totally amazing in a wonderful way :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

It's amazing how the body can heal itself

Lisa
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
And for a surgeon to say don't do surgery..that's a miracle right there!!
LOL, that is exactly what I said. It is a miracle, very happy for her.

Patt
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
it's amazing...like a miracle. she wasn't even on antiinflamatories. Only pain meds! And for a surgeon to say don't do surgery..that's a miracle right there!!
:ditto: Super news! I'll go with a miracle! :cheer3:

Just to be sure sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: to Lili and Sarah Ellen.

Ivan
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Yipee!!! :cheer3: :bigrayz::bigrayz:

stampendoxie
04-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Wonderful! Will keep sending :bigrayz: & :hug99: for a recovery.

Rae
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
so it wasn't an accident that Lili's surgery was delayed.

that is incredibly awesome news. For Lili and Sarah Ellen not to have to go through surgery is wonderful, and I am so glad it worked out that WAITING was a good thing not bad.

Opaleyz
04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, we're home! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

I meant to post this over an hour ago, but my husband had me call our tax guy and we did not get good news. Definitely could use rayz for the wallet, b/c it's being hit hard lately :sosad:

I'll be looking into getting a stroller for her this go'around, so if anyone has any rec's, I'd appreciate them.

as I was writing this, I noticed that Lili is trembly, which is a possible side effect of the tramadol. I've called both vets & am waiting to hear back. I also added another blanket in her crate, in case she's just cold, but it seems to be more than that.

lotsadox
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for checking in. I have a stroller but wouldn't really recommend it for anywhere except in the house. It works well there though!

It's good that you called the vet. The trembling could just be from stress but it could be something more. Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Lili and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you.

Lisa
04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
IVDD is extremely painful. Image your worst back ache EVER and she is surpassing that. Tramadol also wears off pretty quickly.

Call your vet. She might need more tramadol more frequently for a couple of days. Shaking is an indication of pain.

Also a reminder to purchase some pepcid - 1/2 pill, 1/2 hour before the NSAIDs are administered.

I have a top paw stroller from Petsmart, I am very happy with it. In hindsight, I would not go through IVDD without a stroller (although I am really hoping I don't have to ever deal with this again).

lotsadox
04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
In hindsight, I would not go through IVDD without a stroller (although I am really hoping I don't have to ever deal with this again).

I totally agree. Having a stroller made Bogart's crate rest pretty manageable. Before the stroller, I didn't think I'd make it.

Opaleyz
04-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I talked to the vet -- I had given Lili a new dose of the Tramadol only an hour before I noticed the shaking, so she doesn't think it's because she's in pain. Lili is actually very lethargic, though she perks up when I approach her crate. The vet actually recommended reducing the doses to every 12 hours instead of every 8, and to of course keep an eye on her condition.

I've got the pepcid already, so no worries there :)

I've been doing some searches on strollers, and have found some on Amazon.com I'm leaning towards. They have lots of windows, underneath storage, and even cupholders. Not sure yet whether to go for 3 or 4 wheels, or which color (DH will have input on that one).
purple (http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Purple-Wheel-Pet-Stroller/dp/B003329QRA/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header)
green (http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Green-Wheel-Pet-Stroller/dp/B000KZDKIO/ref=sr_1_6?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1334696140&sr=1-6)
teal (http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Teal-Wheel-Pet-Stroller/dp/B003327KSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1334698325&sr=1-1)
I do kind of like the following color: blue grid (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B003327V0O/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1)

The reviews all seem to be pretty good. . . thoughts?

IVDD is extremely painful. Image your worst back ache EVER and she is surpassing that. Tramadol also wears off pretty quickly.

Call your vet. She might need more tramadol more frequently for a couple of days. Shaking is an indication of pain.

Also a reminder to purchase some pepcid - 1/2 pill, 1/2 hour before the NSAIDs are administered.

I have a top paw stroller from Petsmart, I am very happy with it. In hindsight, I would not go through IVDD without a stroller (although I am really hoping I don't have to ever deal with this again).

RustysMom
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I am so happy to hear your home and Lili did not need surgery! Many more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for recovery.

Those are amazing prices for the strollers! the ones Ive looked for in the past had been $80-$160! I like the green one and the blue grid.

LexieLuvr
04-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Awesome news on your furgirl! You might consider acupuncture and/or VOM, along with meds and crate rest. Jack did that when he wasn't completely down, and he recovered beautifully for a year, when he went totally down and had to have surgery. Sending many recovery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for your girl!!

Opaleyz
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Well, I just placed an order for the blue grid 4-wheeler. :crossfin: that it comes earlier than expected (some of the reviewers said it did for them) & that the assembly isn't too tricky (some reviewers had issues putting the back wheels on) but I'm sure Lili will love it!

She ate her dinner happily tonight and is doing pretty well so far. Thank you everyone for all the support & rayz. Feel free to keep them coming :)

Awesome news on your furgirl! You might consider acupuncture and/or VOM, along with meds and crate rest. Jack did that when he wasn't completely down, and he recovered beautifully for a year, when he went totally down and had to have surgery. Sending many recovery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for your girl!!

thanks! Lisa also recommended laser therapy, so we'll be looking into some of the options.

stampendoxie
04-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I have a stroller like the one you ordered. It came in about 5 days and was not difficult to put together. I have only used it a few times so really don't know how well it will last but do like it. Many :bigrayz: coming for Lili and :hug99: for you and your family.

Opaleyz
04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Lili's doing pretty well this morning -- same as last night. She pee'd and finally pooped, so we're quite proud of her. I've been treating her like the princess she is and she's all comfy in her crate w/ lots of blankets. Just thought you'd like an update :)

Lisa
04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Yay! Glad to read a good update. I know this is a long journey doing crate rest, but it is so worth it.

RustysMom
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Wonderful Morning Update! :cheer3:

areese
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Our stroller is very similar and I've used it outside, with 3 dogs in it, for a couple of years now. It's held up well
What anti inflammatory med is Lili on?

Alex's Mom
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
wonderful update!!!! More :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: coming at you!

lotsadox
04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much for the morning update. I was thinking about you and your girl. Those strollers are cool. I'm hoping I don't, but if I do have to go thru back issues again, I'm definitely investing in a better stroller than the one I have although it did get me thru with Bogart. I even took it to Buda for him to sleep in at the hotel. We had the wagon which was better on uneven ground to use at the fairgrounds.

Opaleyz
04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Lili is on Rimadyl and Tramadol. She definitely seems to be feeling better, and I was getting the wide-eyed stare earlier tonight, but once she was securely cuddled up in a blanket again, she settled down.

Rae
04-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Duchie loves her stroller! I'm so glad Lili is doing better and on the mend without surgery!

Opaleyz
04-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Duchie loves her stroller! I'm so glad Lili is doing better and on the mend without surgery!

Me too! It's such a relief. And I'm excited to get the stroller and see what she thinks of it!

Mama S.
04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
I am so late on this am so very sorry. So glad that she is doing well - I was AMAZED at the miraculous turn around we got with the laser therapy!!! Will keep praying!!!

LUVMYGUNNER
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Great Update...:crossfin:

LexieLuvr
04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I am so late on this am so very sorry. So glad that she is doing well - I was AMAZED at the miraculous turn around we got with the laser therapy!!! Will keep praying!!!
Your hubby might try laser therapy on his knee - it sure works wonders on mine (which the surgeon says I need replaced). Hope he gives it a try!!

RustysMom
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
How is Lili doing?

Mama S.
04-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Your hubby might try laser therapy on his knee - it sure works wonders on mine (which the surgeon says I need replaced). Hope he gives it a try!!

funny you should mention - he is at doc now talking replacement or reconstruct:( I have jumped in and told him to ask about laser therapy.

Opaleyz
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
How is Lili doing?

She's doing alright. Movement is about the same. We got the stroller (her "carriage") on Saturday and have been using that. It's nice to be able to keep her in one thing and just roll her around, though of course she'd still rather be out with me :rolleyes:

Lisa
04-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Healing is a really long process. Long, frustrating process. But it is so worth it. Hang in there. She will get better :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Rae
04-25-2012, 07:51 AM
That stroller will be your new BFF!

Opaleyz
04-25-2012, 08:54 AM

At some point I'll take pics & post 'em--haven't had the time yet.

lotsadox
04-25-2012, 08:58 AM

I agree! Bogart's stroller saved my sanity for sure!