PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Little Willy & Paddy

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Today I learned of the puppies who didn't survive the parvo outbreak at the shelter that I fostered. My heart is breaking because one of them that didn't make it was my beloved Willy Boy. I so thought about keeping him because he was such a little love. I feel so awful for not being there for him and keeping him safe from harms way. The other puppy that also was lost was little Paddy Pie. She was another favorite of mine so full of spunk but also very loving.

They will always be in my heart.

December 25, 2005 - March 5, 2006

Willy Boy at 4 weeks
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/4%20weeks/willy4weeks4.jpg

Willy at 6 weeks
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/6%20Weeks/willy6weeks.jpg

Paddy Pie 4 weeks old
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/5%20Weeks/d5951369.jpg

Paddy at 6 weeks old
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/6%20Weeks/paddy6weeks.jpg

Five of Feila's (the dog I was supposed to foster at first) puppies didn't make it either. :(

On a good note all but two of the puppies have been adopted. One has someone interested in her and the other one is being fostered. And Yankee (momma) has been adopted into a great home.

Courtney
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
:( I am so sorry Shonda. They are precious little souls. And :angel7: now watching over you. It is great news that all the others have found homes though.

lotsadox
03-29-2006, 12:25 AM
:bighug: for you, Shonda. You are such an :angel7: for all the fostering that you do for the shelter. Unfortunately, you can't save them all. You have saved so many that your place in heaven is secure and all of those that you have helped on their way to a better life will be there with you.

LUVMYGUNNER
03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
What little cutie pies. So sorry they didn't make it.

K2
03-29-2006, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of those cuties. Saying a special :pray: for those :angel7: :angel7:

Jen
03-29-2006, 11:46 AM
My heart aches for you Shonda. Poor sweet puppies, such a shame this had to happen! :bighug: At least the others did find good homes!

Helen
03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm so sorry. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Their puppy antics are certainly entertaining all of our loved ones who have gone on to the Bridge.
:hug99: :hug99:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-29-2006, 01:57 PM
So Sorry Shonda, I thought Paddy was a pretty girl. She looked alot like my
1st pup Missy. :sosad: What is the latest info on Doodle? Is he adopted yet?

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes Doodle Bug has been adopted. :)

Michelle
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
:sad2: :sad2: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:
Seeing their pics made me bawl like a baby....

oceangirls
03-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh Shonda!:sad1: I'm so sorry!

areese
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
That's so sad :-( Poor babies. And poor you, too. But they are :angel7: for real now.

Mama S.
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
THis is one board I hate visiting because the news is always soo sad. I am glad that they did spend wonderful puppy moments knowing love in your life.
Sandi

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
:ditto: some days are :sosad: on the board.

Romandachs
04-16-2006, 05:02 PM
This really infuriates me. What a waste of time and effort for such a short time on this earth. I don't understand why they cannot protect them from exposure, have a quaranteen room for incoming animals or make sure they have a place that is safe to keep puppies until they have been properly vaccinated. I am always extremely worried about Alan packing parvo home when I have young puppies. I have always asked that he tell me when he has one come in so I can take proper precautions here at home, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't and believe me when I find out and he hasn't told me, he always gets an earful from me. I don't worry if I don't have babies between 6-12 weeks of age, but when I do, I want to be told. I don't know if I ever mentioned it but my little girl I was getting back from Stormy died of Parvo early this year and I was SO upset over it. I just have a hard time understanding not protecting babies with all of your mite when they are at greatest risk. People are so irresponsible for not having their babies vaccinated properly in the first two years of life. I guess this is one of my pet peeves. Shonda, I know what a loss this is for you and I know how much you loved that boy. Bless you for giving them the life they did have. I know it was a lot of work for you to get them to where they was.
I am very sorry for your loss :(

Goob
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
:gphug1: I'm so sorry Shonda. Thanks for all you did for them, though. :angel7: