PDA

View Full Version : Haven't felt this in a LONG time...

AgileOllie
03-29-2006, 01:29 AM
You know, after 7 years of rescue work, it seems that "letting them go" gets easier. There is the rare one that gives my heart more than a little tug when he/she leaves. Yes, I get teary-eyed, but I realize that THIS is why I do this, and that it's all for the best.

BUT

I just got a wonderful application for Buford and my stomach is in knots. I didn't realize how much I've grown to love this dog. I absolutely adore him and it's going to kill me when he leaves. I'm actually in tears thinking about it.

Jack, the boy hit by a car also has a home, and I'm truly happy for him, but with Buford, it's a totally different story. I know a home with only one other dog would be awesome for him and he'd get all the 1:1 attention that he deserves, but still, a very selfish part of me is saying NOOOO.... find SOMETHING wrong with this app!!! But alas- I can't. It seems perfect.

Please say a prayer of strength for me. The last time I felt this was when Sophie left. (Sorry Janet!!) It is VERY hard for some reason!!!
I mean LOOK AT THIS FACE!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/agileollie/HPIM1036.jpg

:mad4: :sad125: :sad3:

Tonya

LUVMYGUNNER
03-29-2006, 01:47 AM
He sure is cute.

Courtney
03-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh I know exactly what you're going through. Of the 15 or so dogs I have fostered, one did that to me - Mr. Dax Man. I cried forever! But I know he is in a perfect home and very loved and I will get to see him next month! Fingers crossed for the adoption! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you!

catstamm
03-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Oh I know so well .....but this is why we do this and now you will have room to save one more :pray: I'm sending you my support and strength!!! Just keep in really close contact..... I talk to and get pictures from everyone I have placed a rescue w/ once a month....that way I feel like they are still a part of me and the new families enjoy having someone who cares to ask all thier questions, concerns and tell thier new stories too....:cheer2: :cheer2:

Lisa
03-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Oh Tonya! Here are some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: of strength.

Nancy
03-29-2006, 08:23 AM
He is a sweetie face Tonya!!! Sending you some :bigrayz: 's of strength and a big hug!

Jen
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh Tonya, I can see why you grew attached to him--just look at that face!! :bighug: for you, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you!

JanUet
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Please say a prayer of strength for me. The last time I felt this was when Sophie left. (Sorry Janet!!) It is VERY hard for some reason!!!

As I recall.....I was the one crying on the phone when We spoke. I will ALWAYS be Thankful to you Tonya for giving me my wittle Sophers. I am sure you still hold a very special place in her heart as you do mine.:heart14:
I still have my application that I sent to you.

Buford will be loved and spoiled in his New Forever home...just like Sophie is :hearts:

Sending you those Special DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to give you strength.

K2
03-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Sending some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: for strength. Wishing you the best for all you do!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I really know how you feel! I cried myself when I sold my last puppy. He went to NJ & I know I' ll never see him again.:sosad: the new home has not sent me a picture, just 1 email when he got to his new home.
They said he loves the other 2 Dachshunds & they love him. But I would just like to see him again. He was so calm & easy going & gave me kisses everyday. I miss him!
On the other hand I sold one that the new owner keeps in touch often & she is gonna send me pics of him soon! And we are planning a meet up (hopefully this summer!)
Here' s :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: & I' ll be :pray: for you today to feel better & know that what you do is a wonderful thing!

lotsadox
03-29-2006, 01:16 PM
I will say a prayer for you. :pray: You're such an :angel7: to help all these little ones. I know though that some of them are hard to let go.

Bella's Mom
03-29-2006, 01:19 PM
His little face just tugs at your heart! As long as you know that he has a good home just trust your instincts. The worse that can happen is you keep him and that's not bad at all. :banana:

Rae
03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
you will do the right thing, and I can't IMAGINE how hard it is, every time. I would be a collector I am sure..

I am sorry your heart hurts, but looking at that face mine does too.

thanks for what you do for these kids, Tonya. And I agree, if you let him go to this perfect (hey, you said it not me) home, you will have room for one more.

Sophers lucked out and I bet this little dude will too.

Big hug to you girlfriend, and like Kelli said, if you keep him that is not a bad thing either.

Michelle
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Lots of rays for you :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
I would have a hard time parting with any doxie that I would rescue and foster and I think it is best for me to never try doing that,,

If the application looks wonderful then you may have found him a perfect home, you can have them join this site as a requirement :banana:
and they would have to promise to post lots of pics all the time

You are doing great work and you know that you would not release him to a home unless you knew they were going to spoil him rotten and be the best family for him, it is still hard to let them go!!

Much :appl: :appl: to you and what you do, it is very hard work emotionally and i think you are great for what you do!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

quavec
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Tonya - I couldn't do fostering or true rescue. I don't have the strength for it. Here are some really strong 'let him go' rayz headed your way :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: YOu are wonderful for caring so much.

Anatresia
03-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, that face looks just like my Butters and I can't imagine letting him go!!! I looked into Buford's stats because when you first posted his pic, I just fell in love, but we really, really can't have another dog. I don't know why I torture myself!

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your strength- just know that he's going somewhere good!

Patt
03-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :hug99:s to you. Buford is very handsome, if it doesn't work out he will be returned to you, right?

Mama S.
03-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Think of it this way, room for a new baby who needs you. He's out there somewhere and will pop up just when you can help him most! Heck, I failed fostering! THat's why I can't do it! Just ask Sam!!
Sandi