PDA

View Full Version : Sam question

Mama S.
05-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Stinky rolled in goodness and needed a bath. Right in the middle of the bath his end just gave out and he literally rolled over on to his back in the tub :wtf2:Scared the crap out of me. I grabbed him soap and all and hauled him out.
He seemed fine but now I'm terrified that I may have hurt him???? He made no noise is walking his little hump back walk - still has me shaking. Am I just in the midst of IVDDitis syndrome???
Anyone???

Tex
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Does he gets baths often? I know that Jax's back end will still occasionally slip out from under him in the tub if he's out of practice standing on such a slippery surface. Was he walking with the hump in his back before the bath or is that a new thing? When in doubt, crate. I had Jax on crate rest last week because he was walking a little wobbly. Sending lots of healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:and :hug99:for Mama!

Mama S.
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
This is the first bath since he went down. I rarely bathe them unless they are just gross smelly or filthy. The hump is not new - I even questioned about it - am so worried about my silly boy. It does not seem to bother him - and it is much less noticeable or I'm used to it one.

He is locked down and mad at me but oh well!

Scooby is still very wobbly - will make no effort to go up or down stairs - sits at edge of couch bed whatever and barks to be picked up. (am convinced it is the difference in one with laser and one without)

Sam has been great but that just came out of nowhere and freaked me out.

Lisa
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Don't stress. It is okay. No stairs or jumping for a bit though. And if he still has soap on him, you need to get it off :)

They can have up and down days, the connection might not have ever come back how to deal with that type of surface and he just lost it. Pogo still has a hard time with slippery surfaces. You can buy a bathmat at Petsmart to prevent slipping. We use one all the time now when we bathe the dogs (like your fur crew, it is a rare occurrence).

lotsadox
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking it was just a matter of not remembering how to stand on a slick surface also. But as Tex said "When in doubt, crate." It's certainly not going to hurt him physically (it might tick him off though) to be crated and you will know he's safe. Or, if you can, just keep him on restricted activity for a while.

Mama S.
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking it was just a matter of not remembering how to stand on a slick surface also. But as Tex said "When in doubt, crate." It's certainly not going to hurt him physically (it might tick him off though) to be crated and you will know he's safe. Or, if you can, just keep him on restricted activity for a while.

yup - he will just get mad get over it and let me rest in peace!!!!! We actually have a bathmat but my dumb self never thought to use it with the dogs - consider it done now!!