PDA

View Full Version : Ruby is at the vet's office

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
My poor little Roo had to go to the vet because her back wasn't getting any better. I had to leave her there since the vet was in surgery this am. I hated that I had to leave her there but I know they'll take good care of her and I hope we can get this back pain under control.

lotsadox
03-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh no, sending rayz for Ruby and a :bighug: for you! It's so hard to have leave one of our puppers at the vet when they're in pain. :( By the timet you pick her up she'll be feeling much better. :hula1:

Jen
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm so sorry you have to leave Ruby at the Vet's--but it will be worth it to end her back pain. Is surgery an option if its needed? :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby, a :bighug: for you, and please let us know what the Vet says!

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 01:03 PM
He is giving her a shot, pain meds and steroids to combat the nerve deficit. He wanted to keep her over night but I think she'll do better at home with me so I'm to take her back in on Friday so he can re-check her. Of course if she starts to drag her hind legs then I'm to call him right away.

LUVMYGUNNER
03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Here are big AZ rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her that she will feel better soon.

K2
03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Poor Ruby! Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her and some :hug99: for you. Please keep us posted.

oceangirls
03-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Poor little girl! :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-29-2006, 01:54 PM
I' ll be keeping both of you in my :pray: today. Hope all goes well soon!

Yolanda
03-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Poor little Roo. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: please start perking up and getting lots better.

Rae
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Aww, Roo. Poor baby if it's not one thing it is another.

:bigrayz: to all concerned. I am glad to know she is in such good hands with her foster mama. I :heart14: me some Ruby Roo.

Patt
03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I hope the injection makes her feel better soon. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Michelle
03-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Lots of ray for little Ruby!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
She will be fine and the doc will fix her up!!
Keep us posted on how things went and what the doc is able to do to help her little back out..

:bighug: :bighug:

Jen
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Roo! Hope the injection helps!

HotDogMama
03-29-2006, 03:36 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: big rays for the cutie pie!!!!

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
The vet wanted to keep her over night so he could check on her tomorrow but I thought that would be to hard on her so I picked her up and will take her back in on Friday.

I got to go into the kennel area where she was to take her out of her's so she wouldn't have to go though the extra stress of having one of the vet techs pick her up. How nice is that and very thoughtful of them too.

She got her shot and is on pain meds and has to take 30's worth of perdezon (sp I should really learn how to spell this cause I think I'm going to be posting it a lot) and of course crate rest. Crate rest is going to be so hard becasue she is feeling good enough to want to move around and be by me and if not she get's all worked up. Now I moved her kennel last night but no dice she wanted to be in her usual spot under the compter desk so I gave in and she was a good girl and stayed right there but I had to worry about the others rough housing into her. :shocked:

It's gonna be a long 30 days for sure!

Patt
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear she is home and feeling a bit better. Dodger refused crating too, we just separated him with an x-pen he had his bed and blankies for comfort. I felt the crate would be too upsetting. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Glad she is doing a little better, I definately would keep her seperated from the othr pupper. I'm keeping Petunia and Gunner separatd by a baby gate for a day or so--she always wants to play.

Alex's Mom
03-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear she's home and feeling better, Shonda :cheer2: That crate rest thing is a killer, I know! Maxe was supposed to be crated for a month with her back the first attack she had...I lasted about 2 days, cuz she was getting so worked up being confined. The vet said that as long as she was quiet, and just slept/stayed in one place (near me, just like Ruby :)) that'd be OK, but that she needed to be kept crated when I was out. So Ruby should be OK as long as she's still and not jumping/running/moving around. (Umm...maybe that's not any easier?? :scratch:

lotsadox
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm glad Ruby's home! :banana: Crate rest is the best for them IF they accept the crate. But if they get agitated then they can do more harm than good and X-pen or other confinement is really better.

Frzframe
03-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I think I'll try the x-pen to keep the other doggies away from her and see how that works.

Thanks for all the rayzzz!

leighan
03-30-2006, 02:59 PM
it took hendrix about 2 weeks to be totally himself again after his neck vertebra incident recently.
he also got an injection, and was on anti-inflammatories for 5 days. the vet recommended crate rest, but i knew he would flip out, so when we weren't home, or when we couldn't watch him closely, we'd put him in an x-pen, with his blankets, and right near the radiator, so he was toasty warm.

most of the time, though, one of us sat on the couch with him under a blanket, and he did sleep on the bed with us as he usually does. roxy, our other dog, did seem to sense that he couldn't play, so we didn't have many issues with them trying to wrestle like they normally do.

when it first happened, i did think the worst, and figured he wouldn't get better, and we'd have to move on to other treatments. but, he's perfectly fine now!

i hope she's feeling much better soon.

Bella's Mom
03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Praying for a quick recovery for little Ruby. :pray: Bless her heart. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Mama S.
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
:bigrayz: Mega huge sunny Georgia :bigrayz: from da herd and me!
Sandi

LUVMYGUNNER
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
How is she doing today??

Frzframe
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
She's about the same. I can tell right after she's been still (in her kennel or just getting up in the am) she is a lot better but then she goes potty and it's back to the way it was. She's wobbly and in pain even on pain pills. :(