PDA

View Full Version : I, Savannah, Run this Newspaper.

Rae
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM
so WHY they keep me on a lead is beyond me.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa104/sutty4me/IMG_4053.jpg

Mama S.
08-03-2012, 05:21 PM
OMDDDDDDDDDDDDD squuueeeeeeeeeee it's a bebbeh!!!!

Rae
08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
note the jingle bell on the collar so we can find her when she plays "hide and pee"

Ivan
08-03-2012, 05:30 PM
PUPPY! Squeeeee!!! Such a beauty. My, she's growing fast.

Lisa
08-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Squeeeeeeeee is right! Miss Savannah is so cute. :sillylove::cutiepie2:sillylove:

And the jingle bell is down right brilliant.

lotsadox
08-03-2012, 05:48 PM
:love98::cutiepie2:love98:

The jingle bell is a great idea! :cheer3::cheer3:

Rae
08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
She is growing really fast.... Losing her puppyness already. Dr Brian says she's right on track for about 12 pounds... Maybe a wee bit more because she is 100% pure packed muscle.

alfina
08-03-2012, 06:19 PM
She is adorable. Don't see cujo at all

Rae
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Olga. Stop it. She walked around the yard for 30 minutes with me urging 'go potty' and came in and pooped in the floor.

alfina
08-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I know Rae. I am just kidding.
Did she actually walk around or was she distracted because she was sniffing everything? Mine do that too and they are 8 years old. So, I have to make sure before we go back that they actually do their thing outside. Otherwise they just run back inside very happy.

Alex's Mom
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Olga. Stop it. She walked around the yard for 30 minutes with me urging 'go potty' and came in and pooped in the floor.

That's not Cuj-ette, that's just discriminating taste :). And may I add SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!:sillylove::sillylove: :sillylove:

Yolanda
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
She is soooo flipping cute and I bet she knows it too.

:cutiepie2:cutiepie2

SasatheRusty
08-03-2012, 07:39 PM
She is gorgeous. She has a pit bull stance with a Marilyn Monroe look in her eyes. What to make of that? Stubborn and sexy:)

LexieLuvr
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Gotta add my "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" to the rest! :cutiepie2:cutiepie2:cutiepie2 And yes, nobody goes back in the house until business is done outside; then a tiny treat is given when the proper business has been done, alongside a mighty happy dance and a ton of praise. The light will come on, I promise.

Rae
08-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol Olga, I'm sorry girl - you HAVE daschies so I know that you are well aware that they lie awake at night scheming on how to be diabolical and insanely cute.... I knew you were teasing !

There is SO MUCH to see and do and smell (oh the scents!!) and chase here at our house I don't see how she ever stops to potty. Rabbits, squirrels, birds, horses... deer, occasionally.

And the GARBAGE!!! Nom nom nom when Daddy fails - as he often does - to take it to the can and just sets the bag outside the back door, lovely creatures like raccoons an possums claw/chew right through that plastic and there's a BUFFET!!!

Granted, Daddy does NOT get a cookie when this Bad Thing happens, but the smells are there anyway!

And daddy's hunting dogs are in kennels/pens down under the shade tree and figuring out WHY they are out running and playing and WHY sometimes she has to go visit them has her wheels turning fast...

Dratted drought has hit us hard- grass is high in a few places and down to bare dirt in others, so when she's in the grass I can't always see her because she's so small.

Small - another thing we need to discuss. Doggie does not realize she is 6.2 lbs. I have an adirondack chair under the apple tree, and when she still thought she was a puppy I sat there in the evenings and she played and it was good. Now that she is Big, she knows no boundaries.

Specially when chasing rabbits. She went almost all the way to the BARN chasing a bunny tonight....

We are way up on the hill and I am not yet concerned about the Road but we are working very hard on Come! And praising like crazy when she comes flying with ears flapping :) She's lightning fast and I freak when I can't see her. The reflective collar/Mag light combo is very helpful, and the bell helps too...

Ours is not an environment in which I take her out in a leash and she potties and I pick it up in a plastic bag and put it in a receptacle, and though ibtry to eagle-eye her until she potties sometimes I miss it. I usually know, though, because she will come flying up and assume het "gimme mah cookie" stance... Lol!

She certainly seems to be living life on the farm and I'm thinking she will catch that bunny any day now.

alfina
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I didn't realize you are on the farm. Is there a certain spot she likes to potty more often than others? Maybe taking her there first would remind her what she is there for? I think that is what the idea behind those pee posts they sell at Petsmart. I tried them with my crew and they ignored it. But I think they can't ignore their own potty smell.

Our bulldog always liked to potty in the same spot, so it was easy to just take him there. With Sofie and Sebastian I have to remind them to go potty. There are just way too many lizards to chase, dog scents to sniff, etc and they are so low to the ground to not be enticed to it all.

Rae
08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm working on establishing the Potty Spot... When she poops in the house I take it out there and am trying to carry her out and place her on the potty spot first and encourage potty. I had some of Duchies poop (always put hers in the flower pot) to get Savannah used to the idea.

Too much going on for potty to be a priority.

stampendoxie
08-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Savannah reminds me a my first doxie once I was living on my own; those beautiful eyes, such perfect markings & the cujo behaviors! I used to think she just might be stronger than I...hang in there. My Honey has specific spots that she uses as her bathroom which does help me keep track.

RustysMom
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
shes just adorable, thats all Ive got to say :) :love98::love98::love98:

K2
08-04-2012, 10:12 AM
:love98:She is adorable!!!
So, um.....about the potty in the house.....she is probably thinking, "Why do I have to poop and pee outside? That is so uncivilized....." :)

SasatheRusty
08-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I think until she understands
potty and can listen she should always be on a leash. If not, she may relate to outside as playtime. "Savannah Jane unplugged" or should I say unleashed is not a good idea:)

Rae
08-04-2012, 01:07 PM
You ate correct. Maybe the DUH! Answer is on the leash to potty, then when business has been conducted playtime can commence off leash.

That's so easy. The sleep deprivation is getting to me.

Rae
08-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Are correct. Damn phone.

Tex
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Pottie issues or not (she IS a doxie)....she is freakin' adorable!!!

SasatheRusty
08-04-2012, 05:51 PM
That happens to me with the phone too. If I am home I run to the computer to to correct my spelling. Otherwise I wait to edit when I get home.