PDA

View Full Version : Cash is Hurting

lotsadox
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I"m not sure what is going on with Cash. Last night he yelped once when he was in the chair with the DH. Now, this morning I was going out to the kitchen and the dogs were on the bed and I heard a yelp. When I went back into the bedroom Cash was very slowly moving down the ramp. He was shaking a bit when I petted him. I didn't try to pick him up, just petted him and reassured him. I'm not sure what's wrong and I''m hoping we aren't at the beginning of an IVDD incident, but I started him on Boswellia (a natural antinflammatory) just in case. I called my vet (she's not open on weekends) and left a message about it. For now he's on severly restricted movement which means that the gates are up in the kitchen and Cash has to stay with me. He seems okay with that, but Miller is NOT a happy camper. He does not like being separated from me and despite there being rugs, a bed and blankies in the kitchen, he doesn't seem to be able to find a place to lay down so he's pacing.

I know this isn't anything for sure and Cash is eating and pottying and seems okay just doesn't want to move fast, but if there are any spare rayz out there my little buddy Cash would appreciate them.

Red Haired Girl
09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Poor baby! I know how hard it is to watch them move so slowly. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: hopefully it will be nothing major.

oceangirls
09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Rayz for your handsome little guy :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!!

Has he ever had back problems before?

lotsadox
09-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Rayz for your handsome little guy :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!!

Has he ever had back problems before?

No, he hasn't. But he is a bit pudgy. And does like to jump off things. Not as much now as when he was younger, but still . . .

Alex's Mom
09-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Not our Corvette Cash!!!! Poor baby...:crossfin: that it's nothing serious! Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for his worried mom. Keep us posted, Patrice, ok?

Lisa
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Poor Cash, totally hoping it is nothing serious. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Corvette Cash.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Mama S.
09-29-2012, 03:04 PM
NNNnoooooooooooooooooo - not my fav lil Chevy!!! Lots and lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

LexieLuvr
09-29-2012, 03:17 PM
So sorry - doesn't sound too good - sending lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!

lotsadox
09-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I told him that if he would just lay on his bed, I wouldn't crate him. He was a good boy and laid on his bed in the kitchen with the doorways gated off while I did some stuff there. I took him outside to pee and just let him walk enough to go to the bush pee and walk a few steps. He was still lifting his leg fine but seemed to be walking sort of slow. I took him upstairs with me to the sewing room (also gated and small) and he laid on his bed and seemed reluctant to get up and move when I came downstairs a couple hours later. It's raining again (I know we need the rain, but why today???) I put him down in the living room and he walked a few steps to me with his head down. I"m not sure whether this is just because I'm treating him weird and he's not sure what's up or what. For now, I'm just treating him as if it's his back. I have to go to the store, so he's crated now.

I'm working on Halloween costumes for the DROH party. Sadly, he may not get to wear his. :sosad: At this point, I"m just hoping for the best. Ligaplex I is usually given at onset of joint or back problems and Ligaplex II later. I may call my friend and see if she has any Ligaplex I could borrow until I can get some next week.

LUVMYGUNNER
09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Prayers for him

SasatheRusty
09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Thinking of him and hoping he will be better soon. With these incidents the quicker they get on an anti inflammatory the better. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Rae
09-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Big rays for our favorite hot rod!!!

Ivan
09-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Yikes! Hope you feel better soon, Cash. Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Yolanda
09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Patrice, Mothers knows best on how to care for the furkids. Keep us posted any many mny :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Patt
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I am so sorry Cash is hurting. Poor baby. Sending mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: to make him feel better. I hope it is nothing serious. :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin:

RustysMom
09-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Poor cash! I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us updated

Frzframe
09-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Poor Cash. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: Sounds might be his neck. :( I hope not and that its just a pulled something or other.

Yolanda
09-30-2012, 08:49 AM
How is he doing this morning? Hugs

Frankie'sMom
09-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Sending feel better :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Cash and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for mom. I hope he is back to his old self today. :crossfin:

lotsadox
09-30-2012, 10:54 AM
He does seem to be doing better today. I crated him last night and he was a little :angel:. Never made a sound all night. When I went to take him out this morning he was very calm and quiet about it. I put a rug in front of his crate for him to step onto. Bogart had trouble getting out of the crate onto the wood floors when he had back problems and a rug helped him a lot. Cash just stepped onto the rug so I could hook up his leash and I picked him up and took him outside.

He lifted his leg (several times :rolleyes: ) to potty and had no problem squatting to poop yesterday. He can wag his tail and was rolling over and showing his tummy for a rub last night. We sat on the floor and he was right next to me. He moved around a little to get comfy and yipped at one point. I have no idea why or what hurt. He's acting better than yesterday morning. He was very subdued and acting off all day yesterday. Today he is getting back to his old self. The good news is he's feeling better and the bad news is he's feeling better. I can tell he'd like to get really active so I'm watching him very carefully to make sure he doesn't re-hurt whatever is hurting him.

I talked to my friend yesterday who uses the same vet I do. She had a schnauzer with back problems and now has one with neck problems. I wanted to see if I was using the correct supplements on Cash and also to check and see if she had any of one of them. She said that what I'm giving him now is what the vet had her give her dog. There's one more supplement that her dog and Bogart took but she didn't have any of that one either so I'm going with what I have for now.

At this point, I'm planning to continue doing what I'm doing now and see how he does. I'll call my vet next week to get him in and see if she can figure out what's wrong.

oceangirls
09-30-2012, 11:10 AM
sounds good - more rayz! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

SasatheRusty
09-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a great plan. Have a wonderful Sunday. So glad to hear the good news.

Tanya
09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Cash! Glad to see he is doing better!

Tex
09-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Lots of healing rays for Cash!!!

lotsadox
09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
He's not too thrilled with this being carried in and out thing. He really wants to go exploring around the yard (one of his fav things to do) and doesn't quite get why he can't, but he's being a very good boy about it. He's spent most of today in the sewing room with me, sleeping on his bed or in his crate.

Patt
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm very happy to hear Cash has improved a bit. Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: he'll be even better tomorrow. :crossfin:

Ivan
09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Cash is a weensy bit better already. Yay! Mommy knows zakly what to do. :cheer3:

RustysMom
09-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Whew! I'm happy to hear he is better today.

Alex's Mom
10-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Glad to hear he's feeling better!!! Mom certainly does know best!! A few more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: coming your way!!

lotsadox
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
He's still doing well this morning. Lifting his leg to pee, squatting to poo with no problems. The main problem is that he thinks he's just fine and wants to go out and run around the yard. He's very annoyed that I keep taking him out on the leash and won't let him rustle around under the bushes looking for critters and run around the yard, but I'm keeping him crated/quiet and he is liking getting all that attention and being "special boy". :)

Rae
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM
so glad to hear he is on the mend, Patrice.

Lisa
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
So happy to read a great update!! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Yolanda
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
He is a doxie and thinks he is fine now thank you very much

lotsadox
10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
He is a doxie and thinks he is fine now thank you very much

That's exactly it! He was very annoyed that he had to stay in his crate this morning after breakfast. I decided to give him a break and let him lay on the bed in the bathroom while I got ready for work. He was not happy and sat at the door the whole time. Then when I went to open the door, he was ready to bolt and again very annoyed when I picked him up and carried him to his crate. :rolleyes:

Alex's Mom
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Li'l stinker :rolleyes:. Sorry Cash, but Mom's been down this road before, sweetie. You're on lockdown for a while, I'm afraid!!! :hug99::hug99:

Tex
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Li'l stinker :rolleyes:. Sorry Cash, but Mom's been down this road before, sweetie. You're on lockdown for a while, I'm afraid!!! :hug99::hug99:

Well said Paula :)

Claudine
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Many, many healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for little Cash. I pray that it is nothing very serious & that he's back to his healthy self a.s.a.p.

lotsadox
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
I have a 2:30 appt with my vet to see what's going on. I'll update later this afternoon.

RustysMom
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
10-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I just got back to the office. The vet did a VOM adjustment (chiro) and he did show tenderness about mid back so we're assuming he's having a bit of problem there. I've had dogs show this before and normally if it's treated early they seem to do fine. So, staying in the crate and on the leash for Cash :( The good news is that she thinks he'll be fine with the rest and supplements.

Also, I started giving him Boswellia and Ligaplex II because I had them on hand and I thought that was what Bogart had taken for his back and I was right! She wanted me to give him both of those. So, he's got a few days headstart! :cheer3::cheer3:

Mama S.
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
One smart Mama being ten steps ahead!!!! :hug99::hug99:

Alex's Mom
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Sadly, experience is the best teacher, isn't it!!! Tons more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:...good that you know what's going on, and even better that you're WAY ahead of the game! :hug99:

LexieLuvr
10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
More get-well :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!