PDA

View Full Version : 15 year old in KC MO Shelter

Frzframe
03-31-2006, 11:00 PM
I got this email can anyone help?? I'm full but if they'll hold him a while I can possibly pull him.

PLEASE CROSS POST!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: KCAnimaltalk@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KCAnimaltalk@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sally Myers
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:45 PM
Kansas City, Missouri - Old Dachshund at KCMO Animal Control needs a rescue!

There is a 15 year old Dachshund at KCMO shelter. Very sweet and nice dog. He lived with his owner for 15 years, but the owner turned him in because he couldn't afford to pay for his rotten teeth.

He is black. I think it is a male. You will probably have to pay the $65 rescue fee, but for that you will get the heartworm test and shots, and he has already been neutered. Hope someone can help this dear guy, ASAP!

Kansas City Missouri Animal Control
4400 Raytown Road
Kansas City, MO 64129
Call: 816-513-9800

Sally Myers,
Foxwood Animal Rescue

Patt
03-31-2006, 11:42 PM
:sosad:to dump a senior. :sad1: I posted this on a National Rescue Network board, I hope someone can pull him, did you post on DIN?

Chris
03-31-2006, 11:43 PM
Oh no!

If I was closer ad not 12 states away, i would go there in a second.

That is such a shame. There are vets that will work out payment plans and there ARE groups out there that will help people like this. (but i know everyone here knows that...just venting) It makes me so upset that someone would do this to a lifelong companion. It makes me cry.

Chris

catstamm
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM
OMG....the problem is the DOG was a pet, not a companion!..this is what happens when you don't have a bond w/ your pet. I have learned soooo much since being involved with rescue...I cry everyday...did these people that turned away a 15 yr family member think that were doing what they did because they care?....many people do. :sosad: This is where we come in, the keepers and voices of the beloved 4-legged companions to educate and place our deserved second chance babies w/ families who want to learn.... Would you give away your child because you couldn't afford thier dr. bills? I came from a 60's family that kept our pets in the backyard, fed them table scraps, let them make babies etc.... that's what most people did then...white pickets fence, kids, and a dog. We have to educate...times have changed!!!
My :pray: go out to this old guys that in his last days he will know love:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I will stop now before I go into preacher mode.....I know you all know what I'm trying to say....sleep well tonite little man and know you are loved :angel7: ...some humans just aren't as evolved as you are.....we will continue to be your voice!
I know someone in MO I will see if she can help

Mama S.
04-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Hope he gets pulled. I lost one Friday because of stupid people who refused to budge while we tried to work a transport. A gorgeous 2 yr old female is gone now... :sosad:
Sandi

laura
04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
What do you need? I am in Ca, but I can offer to pay to get him out of there?? Let me know!

Laura

Frzframe
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I emailed it to HUA in hopes they can help the old guy.
I haven't heard back from them though.

Jen
04-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Some people don't deserve animals to start with!! Thank you for trying to help Shonda!

Frzframe
04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I called them to check on him but they are closed today. I'll try again tomorrow. I really can't take another long term foster but if he's still there I will get him pulled and he can come home with me.

Patt
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I emailed it to HUA in hopes they can help the old guy.
I haven't heard back from them though.
How about sending them another e-mail? Possibly the first one got lost. I will be his "buddy" if you can get him there.

Frzframe
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I will send them another one Patt. :)

catstamm
04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Did you try posting on DIN? We just got 4 doxies between 13 and 15 this last week!!! I hate seeing that the puppers must feel sooo confused! All but one of them are special needs also, 2 w/ cushings and heart problems :sosad: Please keep us posted.

Frzframe
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
he'll need someone to foster him. If anyone knows of someone who can foster him please let me know. Thanks!