PDA

View Full Version : I dunno WHY my mommy sez I don't sleep.

Rae
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h405/RaeWagoner/068ED94C-09E7-4DB3-8988-C6137D3E0462-1593-00000285372F2263.jpg
I put myself to bed after her made it up...

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h405/RaeWagoner/B88B0C19-341B-4668-A375-BB41AF56193B-1593-000002852AF0F884.jpg

It's warm and soft and smells like mommy! I love my mommy. I'm just not sleepy at nighttime. Gotta patrol, ya know. Maintain the perimeter.

Rae
01-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Didn't do a good job making the bed today. No sleep last night.... The dratted coyotes are scary close, and she must bark at them.

DH shot one day before yesterday because it was IN OUR YARD and acting strangely. They never come this close especially in the daylight, and he thinks it was diseased.

We have acreage. They can stay over there, please.

Alex's Mom
01-04-2013, 09:27 AM
What a good little guard dog she is!!! And now having her well-deserved sleep after a hard night's guard duty :). Seriously. Ear plugs. Maybe for both of you! :hug99::hug99: (I must admit that after many many MANY years of little or no sleep cuz of old sick dogs, I'm REALLY enjoying the fact that James...so far...sleeps the whole night through til at least 4:30, which, since we get up at 5 anyway, isn't a big deal! :cheer3: )

Do you have rabies in your neck of the woods? That might be part of it. We also have a lot of problems with mange in the fox population here, and when they're really sick with it, that's exactly how they act. Poor things.

BTW, LOVE the penguin sheets!!!

lotsadox
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
We've had some problems with coyotes here. We do every winter. They live on the golf course and prey on small animals (sometimes pets). It's pretty scary.

But Miss Savannah is pretty cute :sillylove::sillylove:

LexieLuvr
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Awwwwwwwwww - what a good, CUTE guard dog! Jack gets terribly antsy and won't settle down at night if the cat's around (particularly under the house) so I know what you go through. It's their nature and Rescue Remedy doesn't help much, either. LOVE the sheets! Too bad you can't fence in some of your acreage to keep the critters away.

Rae
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
The coyote he shot was about 5 yards from his truck.. which is under our carport.

The bunny population has declined and the bullfrogs are all but gone. I am afraid the population of coyotes has taken a huge upswing. We've had neighbors lose calves and one had to put a colt down because it was attacked and severely injured. Scary, scary stuff. Especially for those of us with a 9 pound dog who has no fear.

The barking is not terrible. We praise her for letting us know there's trouble and then say "that'll do" and she usually stops... she just won't sleep at night - wants to play or roam the house. If I crate her at night she barks and yelps and whines and will do so all night. She will not stop like a normal dog might... and since it's so cold now I can't put her in the living room...

We'll get there. I just hope soon.

Rae
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Do you have rabies in your neck of the woods? That might be part of it. We also have a lot of problems with mange in the fox population here, and when they're really sick with it, that's exactly how they act. Poor things.

BTW, LOVE the penguin sheets!!!

Yes to rabies and YOU SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE SHEETS!! If I had made the bed properly you could not see them! I'm mortified at the shoddy job and it has since been fixed, but those pics were too cute (though grainy) not to share.

LexieLuvr
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm glad you can see the sheets - they're CUTE!!! Flannel, right?

Rae
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Of course! It's COLD.
I wore flannel PJ bottoms and a t-shirt to bed and darn nearly got Velcro'd in!

SasatheRusty
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
SJ may be hyper vigilant. If she is barking because she hears sounds can you soundproof your bedroom as silly as silly as that sounds? Her photos look so adorable. What a cutie pie. Doxies are noisy and very communicative little hounds💗

Lisa
01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Dang, she is CUTE, and those are awesome sheets. :love98: :love98: :love98:

Rae
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
She really is adorable. In the morning she climbs up from beneath the covers and rests her chin on my chest and yawns.... Cutest thing ever.

I missed the puppy-cute stage with Duchie, so this is all new to me. Loving it

RustysMom
01-04-2013, 03:41 PM
:love98::cutiepie2:love98:

wawailc
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
She really is adorable. In the morning she climbs up from beneath the covers and rests her chin on my chest and yawns.... Cutest thing ever.

I missed the puppy-cute stage with Duchie, so this is all new to me. Loving it

How do you ever manage to get out of bed with all that uber cuteness going on? :sillylove: The yawn would do the trick for me. Turn the light back off and go back to bed.

Yolanda
01-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Such a little stinker she is and such a good girl to protect Mutter. :cheer3::cheer3:

Two Red Smooth's
01-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Very Cute!

Just a thought...does she ever do a low growl bark? If so can you praise her up and down best thing in the world type thing and teach her inside voice (that worked very well with Clay when we were in the apt her first 2 years).

BeauBuddy
01-05-2013, 01:51 AM
What a little cutie pie!! Give her lots of loves from me!! Really really stinkin' adorable. How does she do it??? :love98:
(I've never had a puppy either)