PDA

View Full Version : Teenie Asked To Go Out!!!!!

jennie_c_d
04-02-2006, 11:18 PM
HOORAY FOR TEENIE!!!!

Emma is the BEST dog trainer I've ever met, in my life. She's not a strictly positive trainer, but she speaks dog, so she knows when corrections are needed. She has totally got Teenie headed in the right direction, in a way that I know I couldn't have done. I work for hours upon hours on a single thing, and Emma walks over, shows Teenie how to do it, Teenie messes up, Emma bites her, Teenie straightens out, and ten minutes later, she's done. It's amazing. They're getting along beautifully, and Emma is teaching her new behaviors all the time. Emma's always been good with young puppies, doing the Mommy thing. I didn't know she'd do it with an adult dog. The first time I realized she was training Teenie, I was sitting at the table. The rule here is that if all the dogs sit politely while we eat, they get a bite of our food. Someone taught Teenie, somewhere along the way, to bounce up and down and beg. She bounced, Emma snapped. She bounced again, Emma snapped again. She sat quietly. A few minutes later, she bounced, and Emma snapped so hard she yelped. She hasn't begged at the table since, LOL. It's pretty cool to watch them interact.

Alex's Mom
04-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Jeez!!! Maybe you and Emma could go into business together...although she'd probably prefer to be paid in food :rotfl: That's too neat! Do you find yourself learning dog in the process too? (Giving a whole new meaning to the concept of our dogs training us!:lol: )

Mama S.
04-03-2006, 09:22 AM
That is so neat! Can she come to my house???:rotfl:
SAndi

Frzframe
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh my gosh you could make a fortune renting Emma out. If you do I'm gonna be the first in line. :)

lotsadox
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
What a deal! She can train for you! How cool is that? :banana:

Nancy
04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Please have Emma come to:

16 Dudley Street
Apartment 3
Medford,Ma.

I'll pay ANY fee!! :rotfl:

jennie_c_d
04-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Emma's awesome, but she's reactive, LOL. She's great with dogs, not so great with people. Well, she's fine with dog-savvy people. She LOVES the vet. She's a nutty little dog. She's just so great with Teenie. I'm convinced that they're made for each other. I can't wait to get another puppy for her to raise.

JanUet
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
When Emma is done at Nancy's...............Send her over to me! :hearts: