PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP (Kinda NDR)

Fluffy
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Ok, so last week we had a fight, our first REAL fight. I tried to break it up, but when I couldn't, I closed my eyes, reached in and grabbed for the first dog I could, and got bit in the process. My thumb has been KILLING me for a week, the bite was pretty deep and yes, I should have had a stitch or two. Well tonight I was looking at it and saw a bit of "dried blood" under the skin, so I pulled the skin back to scrape it out to heal properly. Once I got the skin pulled back, I realized it wasn't blood. At first I thought it was just part of the infection, but the more I dug, the more I was starting to think that it was something else. So I got a needle out and really dug in there, and indeed it WAS something else!! It was part of a tooth!!!!!!! Just a teeny tiny piece, but it is definately a part of the tooth!!! I guess I found the culprit!! It was Heidi who bit me!!! (Being old, her teeth are not the greatest and she is starting to lose them,and some of them are breaking...not due to lack of dentals on my end, but due to lack of care before I got her) I cannot believe that her tooth actually broke off IN my thumb!!! :scratch: I'm gonna have to go have it looked at to make sure I got it all out. What fun :(

jenfer
04-03-2006, 12:05 AM
OUCH! :shocked: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your thumb.

Pokeys Mom
04-03-2006, 01:14 AM
BEX!!! I'm so sorry that had to happen! I can't believe part of her tooth got lodged in your hand! :holyshp: No wonder it got infected. :shocked:

From now on, if there is ever a fight (which you won't have), wear oven mits! Here are some healing :rayz: :rayz: rayz:

Jacqueline
04-03-2006, 01:30 AM
We need to send you lucky charms....not rabbit's feet....they wouldn't be lucky for the bunnies then.

Really sorry to hear about the tooth in the thumb. Sheesh. Maybe now your thumb will heal up.

I am sooooo glad I have my kids wearing the puppia harnesses. They get too rambunctous, I grab them by the back of the harness.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a better week to come.

Patt
04-03-2006, 02:07 AM
Your thumb will probably heal now without that piece of tooth. Here's some healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to make it all better soon.

Alex's Mom
04-03-2006, 06:22 AM
:holyshp: ...good detective work, even if you had to suffer for it! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your thumb!

lotsadox
04-03-2006, 09:05 AM
:shocked: No wonder your thumb wouldn't heal up! It'll probably be fine now that you have the piece of tooth out! :banana:

Jen
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
OUCH!!! Tooth imbedded in you for a week? OUCH!! Glad you figured out why it hurt soooo much!

Mama S.
04-03-2006, 09:19 AM
OUCH Bex - that had to be a tuff one... I agree- no wonder it got infected. I tripped over a pine branch yrs ago and got a piece of bark stuck under the toe nail where it starts growing. Had a lump there that got bigger and bigger and couldn't understand why the stupid toe hurt so bad. It finally swelled and popped a few days later and out came a hunk of pine bark about 1/2" long. Soon as that piece of bark popped free - everything was gravy..
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: that your thumb gets better fast! No more breaking up squabbles..
Sandi

Helen
04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Becca, I'm so sorry about your thumb! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that it heals quickly now.

(P.S. I feel like :vomit: after reading your posts. Seriously...I dont' think you should be digging in your fingers with needles. Okay, I have to go look at some pictures to forget about the whole thing. ;) )

areese
04-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Are you soaking it??? (In betadyne or peroxide??) Cuz if her teeth are so yucky you prob. got a lot of bacteria and stuff in there still....

HotDogMama
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Heres lots of rays, I really don't know what else to say!~ :shocked:

jennie_c_d
04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Yuckyuckyuck! In my experience, the best way to break up a fight that yelling and spraying won't stop is to grab whichever dog is winning by the back legs, and swing them away from the other dog. It shocks them, and they usually forget what they were doing. Then, you can toss them all in crates to cool off.

I hope your thumb is feeling better soon. That's gross. Have you gone to the dr for antibiotics? You don't have to say it was your dog. You can lie, LOL. My friend's cat bit me, in October, when she picked a fight with Teenie, and Emma and her buddy Jake packed up on the cat. Three dogs (one being a 70 pound lab) against a cat.... I had to grab the cat out of the middle. Moving one dog at a time wasn't going to work. Jake's too big for me to lift, and I was alone in the house... so I grabbed the cat by whatever my hand touched first and threw her on top of the dryer. Then, I cleaned Teenie's wounds (she was bitten a couple of times... the cat's declawed) and then I saw my hand. I had SEVEN puntures, and they were swelling FAST. I had to go to the hospital. I am allergic to cats, and the saliva in the wounds was causing the swelling. I told them it was my cat, and had all of it's shots. They didn't do anything. Animal Control called ten days later to ask if the cat was still alive, and I told them she was fine. I think the bite laws vary by locality, and I'm not sure if a dog bite would have been different, but... I work around dogs all day, and if one of them bit me, I wouldn't want to have it removed from it's home. They're my clients. It's an occupational hazard. I'd probably lie, again. You can always fall off of a ladder and land in a pail of nails, so you'll get your tetanis shot and antibiotics;)