PDA

View Full Version : Pippit Dental Updates

K2
04-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Here's the post where when I know something~you'll know something.

I dropped him off at 7.:sad125: And he was crying. The vet tech was holding him and he was shaking~poor baby.

I have to call between 1:30 and 2:00 to see when I can pick him up. I have to wait that long???? Can I call sooner to see how he's doing????

It's going to be a long day! I'll update everyone as soon as I know anything.

Alex's Mom
04-03-2006, 07:40 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for poor little Pippit...there's nothing worse then dropping them off and leaving with their whimpers in your ears!!!! GUILT!!! A BIG :bighug: for you ... he'll be fine!!!

areese
04-03-2006, 08:13 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for YOU and Pippet. Try to keep busy :sosad:

Jill
04-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Did they say about what time they would bring him in? I always call before they say to. :rolleyes:

JanUet
04-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Sending Big Huge Dental :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Pippit and a :bighug: to Mommie.

I wold call the vet and ask what time his Dental is scheduled for, then ask how long it should take and if you can call whenit is done.

My Vet knows that I call alot when my Pupperz are in.

I'm sure Pippit will be fine..........No Pupper likes to be at the Vet's office.
Keep us posted! :hug99:

K2
04-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I just got off the phone with the Vet tech. She said that they're running his blood work now and he should be under by 9:30. The dental should last anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour(depending on how bad his teeth are and if any extractions need to take place~please no:pray: extractions) She said I could call around noon to check on him because he'll be in recovery by then.

She said he's very quiet(what??? Pippit quiet???) and clingy. Which means he's scared. Poor baby. :hug99: She said that he's pretty much attached himself to one of the vet techs and won't leave her side. So, that makes me feel a tiny bit better that he's made a connection with someone.

Mama S.
04-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Poor Pippit man... so scared. Mama didn't mean to be hateful guy - her is making you better and better!! I too am glad that they got someone he can connect with. Bless his heart.:bigrayz: for a fast day and you going to get a sleepy Pippit!
Sandi

Jen
04-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Tasha shakes like a leaf anytime we take her to the Vet too. She tried to jump into a cat's sherpa carrier when they got her in back--she was so scared. Unfortunately, you just can't tell them it will be all right.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Pippit and a :bighug: for worried, guilty mom! At least this is something you only have to do every few years!

LUVMYGUNNER
04-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Did you take his blankie along?? Here are some rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for him.

K2
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I just called. (they told me around noon~but I couldn't wait) He's still having his teeth cleaned. The person answering the phone didn't know anything other than he was doing fine and just got a late start on the cleaning because of an emergency. I have to wait another 30-45 minutes. (wow~this waiting stuff really sucks!)

Oh~and Irma, I completely forgot to bring his blankie!

lotsadox
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh, yes, major guilt. Sending more rayz for Pippit! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Pippit did great! His teeth are strong and he didn't need any extractions:banana: :banana: The vet tech told me that he was standing up 5 minutes after waking up(not suprising!) He'll be ready for pick up at 4:30.So, my little man did great!:cheer2: Thanks everyone for putting up with a worried and guilty mom. I can't wait to spoil him tonight!!! And thanks for all those rayz and good thoughts! :bighug:

areese
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
YAY PIPPET! What a guy! So glad he did well and didn't need any teeth pulled. He's gonna be SO happy to see you!

HotDogMama
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: So glad things went well!! Sorry I missed the morning drama, dh is off today, been entertaining him...... no not like that! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jen
04-03-2006, 03:49 PM
:woohoo: Pippits dental is done and Karen can stop worrying--though I know till you have your baby back in your arms you probably won't! Great news he was up so soon. Wonder how dopey he'll be when you pick him up. He'll have had some time for it to wear off.

mydachsies
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear Pippit is doing well after the dental.:cheer2: I bet he will forgive you in a heartbeat for leaving him there.I bet you can't wait for the fresh breath kisses!:hearts:

lotsadox
04-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm glad he did so well and now you can relax! :banana:

Mama S.
04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm so glad that he is ok! It'll be even better when you get him home for lots of hugs and kisses!!
Sandi

Frzframe
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
I can't believe I missed this post!

I'm so glad he's doing fine and didn't need to have any teeth pulled. :banana:

Patt
04-03-2006, 06:16 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: I'm happy to hear your little man is fine. :appl:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Yea Pippit :appl: glad he is doing good.