PDA

View Full Version : Poor Theo :(

Kasianni
09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Well, Theo had a seizure tonight and it lasted longer than usual so for the first time, I had to give him the Valium via the rectum. Really scary and difficult to insert a catheter when he is moving like that but I managed it and within a minute he was up and running like a crazy dog again. I was very scared this time. The vet called me back and told me that he was probably at the end of his seizure when I gave him the Valium but at least now we know that Valium works well with him and stops the seizures because sadly for some dogs, it doesn't work and its hard to get them under control. So that is the good in this horrible evening I've had so far, at least we know it works. I love my vet. I am very lucky to have found them. Can you believe that the vet tech called me back and is going to bring me a new prescription and Valium when she is done work so I don't go without it during the night in case something happens. I couldn't believe it. I told her I could put him in the car and go get it. (Only about a 15 minute drive) but she said no that she'd bring it to my house. I've never had this much care with my pets before, and general concern from a vet nor vet tech. I think they are awesome. Theo is fine. He doesn't have a down time after his seizures like many dogs. They are over and he up and back to normal. Well today he was a bit wobbly from the Valium but still running around. My vet still doesn't want to start treatments because since November of last year, this is only the 3rd he has had. Going to watch and see. So thankful for this place as well, I can come and vent and people actually care and listen. Thank you guys too!

lotsadox
09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh, no, Kasia! How scary! I"m glad that the valium worked and that everyone is okay now.

That's awesome that your vet is go great. It sounds like they're keepers :appl::appl:

Lisa
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Your vet and his staff are amazing!! I know I pay a bit more for my vet, but I could never change, like you we get phenomenal care and it is worth every last penny.

Rayz for your sweet little guy! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

oceangirls
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds like you did great and he handled it well too :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Kasianni
09-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Yup, he's feeling better. The vet tech brought the meds, at 9:15. When she left I went to grab the nice chicken sandwich I had bought for lunch which was skipped so I thought I would eat it at dinner. Bring it in room, put it on my night stand, in the far corner away from prying eyes. Oops forgot my drink, went to get drink, was back in 10 seconds with both of them looking sheepish. WTH, my sandwich is gone! :wtf2: I think Mika was the brave one and grabbed it, but on the way back with her rewards, I think Theo stole some of it and ate it. Not even a crumb left. I'd prefer to think they shared it, but do dogs ever share food? LOL What a night! They were feeling brave because I have done this thousands of times and not once have they touched my food. :rotfl:

Alex's Mom
09-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Glad it all worked out ok. James did that to me a few weeks ago with my b'fast muffin :rolleyes:. Sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Theo and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you! (And one or two for Mika too, so she doesn't feel left out! :) )

oceangirls
09-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I can never leave food, even for a second. You would think I would learn that, but sometimes I forget :sosad:

lotsadox
09-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I can never leave food, even for a second. You would think I would learn that, but sometimes I forget :sosad:

Mine are pretty good, but I try not to tempt fate. They're not THAT good. :conf4:

SaxLady
09-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Hooray for the Valium! :cheer3: Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: just to be sure! And for you :hug99: