PDA

View Full Version : Any spare rayz out there?

Alex's Mom
10-05-2013, 05:06 AM
I know there's a lot going on with our DLC pups right now, but if there were any spare rayz floating around that might be sent James' way we'd both appreciate it...

He's been doing ok for the last few days, but yesterday I left him at the clinic to "babysit" cuz he needs meds at lunch and I had to be out all day. Well, they left his harness on, and that was a bad idea. He's losing weight (if you look at him from on top, he's almost got a wasp waist), but the tumour I think is growing, so he looks like he's got a big tummy, and so the harness isn't fitting too well any more. Anyway, when I went to pick him up, he was dead lame in his front end. Laura took a quick look at him on her way into an appointment, and did some muscle releases, but by the time I got him home, he was crying and shivering. I did what she had told me (ice, massage, some releases) but not much good.

It was a long night.....every time he moved he'd yelp. And then, to add insult to injury (literally :)) his bladder let go a bit, and I guess when he was trying to move away from it, he fell out of bed. At which point, we both gave up, and got up. I gave him his morning meds, and he did eat a bit (I poured some vegetable soup on his kibble :rolleyes:...it worked :cheer3: ), and now the gabapenten has kicked in so he's sleeping, but he's still shivering. I REALLY hope it's not another disc!!!

Anyway, I'll see how he does through the day today. I'm supposed to be at an event all day tomorrow staffing the ElderDog table, so I sure hope he's doing better. :crossfin: I have an appointment with Laura on Monday, and I'll leave him there for the day cuz it's my full day at the college.

At this point in his life, my poor old man does NOT need this!!!

Lisa
10-05-2013, 06:56 AM
We always have rayz to spare, and they are coming James' way! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

lotsadox
10-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Poor James! Poor Mom! Sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for James owies and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for his mom.

oceangirls
10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Seems like one bad thing after another. Rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!

Kasianni
10-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Sending tons of :bigrayz:for James. Hope he is feeling better soon Paula. :hug99:

Rae
10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Bless Unca James' heart! Um shouldn't someone at a VET CLINIC have noticed these things?
Love Unca James and worried sick about both of you.

Alex's Mom
10-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Bless Unca James' heart! Um shouldn't someone at a VET CLINIC have noticed these things?
Love Unca James and worried sick about both of you.

Nancy had him out about 2 hours before I got there, and she says he was fine then. And I totally believe her...remember, these are the same people who noticed how sore his abdomen etc. was last time I left him for a chiro adjustment, ended up x-raying, and discovered the cancer before I got there. (Maybe not the BEST example, but my point is that if they'd noticed, they would have done something :).)

I'm pretty worried about him...kind of feeling end-y, but he, like his dear departed sister, is a bit of a drama king, so not sure if some of this isn't down to that. He's pretty sore though...puts some weight on it for a bit, but then yelps and holds it up. I called Laura and he's getting tramadol every 6 hours, so :crossfin: that that at least lessens the pain. (Just wish it would fix the incontinence :rolleyes:...oh well, been down this path before :) )

Rae
10-05-2013, 12:58 PM
True. They are super great there. Mental apologies.... I just worry. About you both.

Tanya
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Many rayz for James! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

LexieLuvr
10-05-2013, 03:52 PM
oh, no - I am sorry!! Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

AnnMarieK
10-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Always have :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for James... I hope he's feeling better, :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you........

wawailc
10-05-2013, 11:26 PM
always plenty of rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:m especially for James. Some :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you too!

Red Haired Girl
10-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Poor James! I hope he is feeling better today.:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Rafi
10-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Sending many rayz for the little guy. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::love98:

Ivan
10-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Yikes! Sending lotsa healthy rayz for James :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:. The poor old guy can't catch a break.

SaxLady
10-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Prayers and :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for James.

Rae
10-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Hoping that today is a great day for Unca Janes.

Alex's Mom
10-07-2013, 09:19 AM
He's much better...at least the yelping has stopped, if not the gimping. I'm teaching all day today, so left him at Aunty Laura's (NOT in his harness :)). He had a chiro appt at 5 anyway, so we shall see what we shall see. Of course, it doesn't help that he fell out of bed again this morning :sosad:. Thinking I'm going to have to move it so that his side is up against the wall. He survived being alone yesterday, and was good for Suzanne. Sadly, he was up with diarrhea at 1 this morning (I think it's the tramadol). Now going on 5 nights of very little sleep...starting to hallucinate! :rolleyes: Oh yes...I remember this well *sigh*.

lotsadox
10-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Yikes! I can totally relate to the very little sleep. I've been going thru that yet again lately (NDR). It sucks.

I worried about Bogart falling off the bed and crated him for the remainder of his life which meant I got up most nights at 2 or 3 am to take him out since he couldn't get to the doggie door. *sigh* The things we do for our little sweeties.

LexieLuvr
10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I can also relate - Lexie was confined to a softsided pen for the last few months of her life and she couldn't hold it all night so when I'd hear her making noise in her pen, that was my cue to get up and take her out. Sometimes only once at night, if I was lucky - more often, 2-3 times. We do what we have to when we love them.:hug99: