PDA

View Full Version : Little bumps

Kasianni
12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Theo has been doing the head tilt for 2 days now and scratching at his ears so off we go to the vets this afternoon. Might be a small infection but I'd rather deal with it now then later...He also has little bumps on the inside of both ears and they are dry. Anyone else ever had this issue? They don't bother him, but they bother me. Almost like tiny pimples. He's had this before, and the vet was not concerned but going to get it checked out anyways. What really bothers me is he has two small bald patches on both ears right at the top where they fold. (On the outside) there are little lumps there too, like pimples. Theo had mange when he was a pup but does not look like that...have no clue what it could be.

Lisa
12-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Doxie pattern baldness. Seriously nothing to worry about. As long as they are balanced (same on both ears), it is all good. We started giving P'nut melatonin and it totally helped her. It took 6 weeks, but all her fur grew back.

Kasianni
12-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Doxie pattern baldness. Seriously nothing to worry about. As long as they are balanced (same on both ears), it is all good. We started giving P'nut melatonin and it totally helped her. It took 6 weeks, but all her fur grew back.

Really? I thought of EVERYTHING but that! :rotfl: Its exactly the same on both sides but there are little pimples too.

Lisa
12-05-2013, 04:22 PM
The pimples are probably because he is bald there, and we live in Canada :) I am glad you are going to the vet, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. Let us know what he says!

Kasianni
12-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Back from vets... did a inner ear and outer ear scraping to check for mites, bacteria and yeast...Vet didn't see demodex but he has lots of bacteria in his ears so gave him oral antibiotics and Surolan. Glad I took him today.

SasatheRusty
12-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Glad u did too. Hope he gets better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)