PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Update

Frzframe
04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Well sorta.

Just when I'm worried out of my mind and ready to rush her to the vet she makes a come back and does really good. So early this morning I took her to her potty pad and she wasn't doing good so I was bound and determinded that yep she's going in and we're moving on from just crate rest and meds. THEN 3 hours later she's up doing a happy dance in her crate! I don't know what to think at this point so she has a vet appointment and I'm going to be getting names of orthopedic surgeons. I think all this up and down, back and forth stuff is going to drive me insane.

Any other suggestions? Oh and I found a natural healing vet who does acupunture (sp) in Lawrence which is only 30 mins away from me so I'm going to ask my vet about that too.

lotsadox
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
:wow: what a rollercoaster! I haven't used accupuncture, but have heard a lot of people say it works wonders. I'd definitely look into it.

Alex's Mom
04-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I tried accupuncture on Alex, but she didn't take to it :rolleyes: She wouldn't sit still long enough for things to work. However, I've seen it do amazing things on other dogs, and also on my horse. It can't hurt to try it, I'd say. If it doesn't work (and it may take a few times to see a difference), then no harm done. Poor you though, a real worry! give Ruby a gentle :hug99: from alex and me, and a :bighug: for you! Let us know what happens, OK?

Jen
04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby! Never tried accupuncture but I'd say its worth a try. Let us know what you decide.

Rae
04-05-2006, 02:56 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

for Ruby Rooooooo and her foster mama. I hear great things about acupuncture and hope it works for her. Love me some Ruby, ya know..

K2
04-05-2006, 03:50 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby. I haven't tried acupuncture, if you decide to~be sure to tell us how it goes. :bighug:

Frzframe
04-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Okay so I totally trust my vet and he says if Ruby were his kid he'd treat her with meds and crate rest so basically to continue what we are doing. Only if we see that she is going down hill like can't walk or loses bladder control then he'd go the surgery route.

He thinks we should try chiropractic because he's know that to help. There is a very good vet who does it really close to me but he's hard to get into because he's gone a lot teaching. So what do you all think? I asked if there was any chance of it harming her and he said no.

I also asked him if it would be better to do surgery now while she still can walk and he told me that he recently lost two dachshunds during their back surgeries (not preformed by him) one was totally down and the other was still walking. So to him it didn't seem to help one way or another.

Mama S.
04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Never used a chiro for a pupper but I do so love my bone cracker!! I've used chiropractic for years - am a firm believer! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a healing for that poor baby!
Sandi

Alex's Mom
04-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Alex has chiro every two weeks because she has bone spurs on her spine and they really affect her back end. I don't think she'd still be with us if I didn't do this. So I'm a fan (for dogs...scared to death to try it on me!! :scratch: ) I don't know if I'd do this with a disc flare up though. I'd be scared it would make it worse. But what do I know?? Maybe it'd be just the thing?