PDA

View Full Version : The Crew Got Checkups - Updated 2/18/14

lotsadox
02-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Cash and Miller had their annuals this morning and Scooter has his semi annual. They all got their backs "tuned up" (chiro). She said that everyone was doing well. She had noticed an odd sound in Scooter's heart the last time that she believed was a small heart murmur, but she said she it was gone now :scratch: so we're just going to watch him. She said the other 2 looked really good and were certainly doing well for 14 year old dogs.

Since she was going to do a blood draw on Cash and Miller, she brought a helper along. Scooter was even more unhappy than usual since this meant another strange person in HIS house. Two of them! :wtf2: He barked at them (from the living room, of course :rolleyes:) the whole time they were in the kitchen working on the others. Dr Cooper said that Scooter's back showed some tenderness so we're going to do his back again with Cash's in 6 weeks.

All in all, it was a good report :thumbup:

Edit: I forgot to add that as they were on their way out, we found a little "present" that someone had left in the front hall. Dr. Cooper said that she thought that was for them. :rotfl:

Alex's Mom
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
:cheer3::cheer3: for a good report!! How the heck did they get to be 14, Patrice?? How????? :hug99::hug99:

Red Haired Girl
02-05-2014, 11:36 PM
:cheer3:That all are doing well! Maybe someone thought the Dr. needed a stool sample.

lotsadox
02-05-2014, 11:46 PM
I have no idea how they got to be 14! And my "baby" is 9 :sosad:

You never know, Tracy, they might have figured she might need a stool sample :rotfl::rotfl:

LexieLuvr
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Great news on good checks!

Ivan
02-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Great news about healthy puppers! Aging with dignity is perfect. Yay!

Hey wait a minute! Your vet(s) do house calls? Wow. That's fabulous!
I imagine it's significantly less stressful for the furkids. But the surprise in the hallway kinda hints that not all furbabies feel the same calmness. So glad Scoots' heart murmur went away.

lotsadox
02-06-2014, 01:16 PM
After the death of her husband, my vet has closed her clinic and substantially cut back her practice. Now she's a "concierge vet" and comes to the house to see her patients. It is substantially less stressful for the dogs. I think Miller was the culprit and left the present. It's a bit confusing for him when people are here.

Yolanda
02-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Great news all around.

Dr. Coopers sounds like a wwonderful vet. What happened to her rescue is it still going?

lotsadox
02-06-2014, 03:22 PM
The Treat 'em Right rescue is still running. Her clinic was in warehouse type space so she could have a lot of dogs there and the rescue took over that space. I asked her about it when she was here and she said that they had had a lot of adoptions on the last few months and were doing well which makes me really happy. The woman that came with her to hold the dogs while their blood was being taken is, I believe, the one who is doing most of the day to day work of the rescue. She's awesome, too. :)

Lisa
02-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Yay to the great report. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

That is awesome she does house-calls. I would think it is not only less stressful, but also less risk of them picking up anything at the vet's office.

lotsadox
02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I agree with that, too, Lisa. It's sort of like going to the doctor's office during flu season. You may just go in for an annual checkup but since everyone else is sick, you end up sick, too. I was really excited when she started doing the house calls and also thankful that I was one of the clients she decided to keep.

lotsadox
02-18-2014, 01:32 PM
I talked to Dr Cooper today. If figured that if there had been any problems, she would have called. She said that Cash and Miller's blood work looked great. Even better than last year! I'm so excited! They are both 14 now and apparently going strong. Good dogs! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

LexieLuvr
02-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Couldn't ask for better news!:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Alex's Mom
02-18-2014, 04:58 PM
AWESOME news!!!! I still can't believe that they're 14 though.....:love98::love98:

lotsadox
02-19-2014, 12:34 AM
AWESOME news!!!! I still can't believe that they're 14 though.....:love98::love98:

You and me both . . .

Dr Cooper even said that if she hadn't been seeing them for 12 years now, she wouldn't believe they were that old.