PDA

View Full Version : From the sublime to the ridiculous...

Alex's Mom
06-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Remember how, when Patti first came, he only peed every other day or so it seemed? Ah, for the good ol' days. :rolleyes:

He's become incontinent...has a drink, has to pee. I've had to change the bed during the night the last couple of days because when he sleeps, he just lets go. I've started taking the water up right after he eats at 6, but it doesn't seem to help. I was holding him on my lap yesterday talking to company, and he fell asleep...moi, soaked. :conf4: Laid down for a nap when I got home from the barn this morning, in my nice clean newly made bed...he peed outside just before we crawled in, woke up 2 hours later to a wet bed. :conf4:

He was at Laura's on Thursday and I mentioned it. She did an adjustment cuz he was all out of whack, and his hind end is really weak. thought it would help, but no. Suspecting an infection, and unfortunately the clinic is closed until Monday. I could take him to the e-vet, but this doesn't really qualify as an emergency, just an annoyance, although it needs sorting.

Wishing I had some belly bands right about now...or else that he'd be willing to sleep somewhere other than my bed!

I was really hoping to have more than a few days of no peeing in the house with him! :rolleyes:

LexieLuvr
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh, no! So sorry. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: Lexie was on Proin for years, but it didn't help much. Good luck!

Lisa
06-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Can you give him some cranberry until Monday?

Also for a belly band, just go to the dollar store, buy a tensor bandage (the thick knee one) and some feminine hygiene products and just put the pad over his peener and hold it in place with the tensor bandage.

Rayz for your little dude!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

bittyup
06-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Rayz for Patti and the furniture. Poor guy. I would think an adjustment would help:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99:

Alex's Mom
06-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Brilliant, Lisa!!! I'll see if I can get one tomorrow. I was talking to Jane and she said both bladder infections and incontinence aren't all that common in male dogs, but possible. I read up on it, and it may be low testosterone, so we'll see what Laura has to say.

lotsadox
06-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Miller had a UTI when I got him. My vet said the same thing that they weren't common in males dogs. Poor Miller, he had to be one of the few to get one. I've noticed that Miller has to pee more often than he used to. Bogart had to pee fairly often when he was older (thus the lack of sleep for me :rolleyes:). But he only occasionally had an accident in his sleep. I hope you find something that will help Patti.

That's a great idea, Lisa. I never thought of using a tensor bandage and a pad.

Rae
06-15-2014, 05:45 PM
bless his sweet self. Maybe Bella's bad habits stuck around after she left...

After all, Patti starts with, well, P

Alex's Mom
06-15-2014, 08:04 PM
bless his sweet self. Maybe Bella's bad habits stuck around after she left...

After all, Patti starts with, well, P

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yolanda
06-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Wishing good thing for Mr P. when you take him to the vets.