PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Meds

RustysMom
07-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I mentioned it in another post (don't remember which) that Rusty's rehab doctor does holistic practice and she is trained in Chinese herbal practice. So she put Rusty on an herbal med at today's 2nd acupressure appointment.

Has anyone used this before? Or heard of it? Just curious :-)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/08/6ujanede.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/08/ry3ubu6u.jpg

Alex's Mom
07-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Laura had Patti on bone and sinew, which was also for a weak hind end. don't know if it helped or not. Interesting that yours are in powder form...Laura uses a pill version. After the experience with the Rehmannia, I must admit to being a bit leery of herbs. However, if it helps :cheer3:.

Lisa
07-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I used something very similar with Pixel that his acupuncturist put him on...seemed to help him.

Yolanda
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Yep, sure have. My vet uses them and my roxie doxie (wobbly rear end) takes it.

RustysMom
07-08-2014, 01:20 PM
I get a little nervous giving him something Ive never heard of. But I pray it helps. Anything!!!

She said if the powder doesnt work we can switched to the pill form. Let me tell you, he is sneaky. He knows when you have tampered with his food. Even when hiding a pill in something. He sniffs all his food before he eats it. So last night when I put it in his soft food, he ate a bite and wouldnt after that. He knew I put something in it :conf4:

Alex's Mom
07-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I'd ask her for the pill form...pill pockets are a wonderful thing :)!

lotsadox
07-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I'd ask her for the pill form...pill pockets are a wonderful thing :)!

Pill pockets are a wonderful thing! They're nice and soft and you can squeeze them right around those pills. :rotfl:

Another thought. . . since it's herbal you can probably just mix it in with the food well. Make it something stinky like sardines or salmon. That usually works. If he doesn't eat it, let him miss a meal and he'll probably be hungry enough at the next meal to take it.

RustysMom
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM
We use pill pockets for Odie but Rusty won't touch them.

He's a REALLY picket dog :-/

He'll take it one way or another LOL