PDA

View Full Version : What a Way to spend your Gotcha Day!

Otto'sMom
04-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I was lucky enough to have today off, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get Grrrrrrt and Otto's nails trimmed. Call the vet, make the appointment and off we go. Figure as long as we're there, we might as well get Grrt's blood drawn to test her red blood cell count and heartworm test and get her shots. Her teeth looked pretty good, for how old she is. But Grrt wasn't pleased that she got poked and prodded and tried to chomp my wrist, poor little thing :(
My free nail trim turned into a $260 buck visit:shocked:
At least the distemper is good for 3 years now:rolleyes: and Grrt's perscription is good for another 6 months, at least. It'll give me time to find a vet down in Mississippi.

Jen
04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Aww, not a fun day--a nail trim is bad enough without blood work and shots.

You may also want to stock up on Heartguard and flea meds. I had not needed to take Tasha to the Vet since we moved, thank goodness, but I only have another 2 months of Heartguard left. But I can just go back to her old Vet in Manhattan if I need to--I'd like to get copies of the records sent to the net Vet....did I digress? Must be Friday...

K2
04-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Not a fun day~but at least you spent it together. When are you moving to Mississippi?

Oh yea~and Happy Gotcha Day!!!:cheer2: :banana:

Otto'sMom
04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Don't know the exact day yet, but it's going to be between late May to early June. I haven't even been house hunting yet:shocked: and this last deployment for a month isn't going to make anything easier.

quavec
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
It'll give me time to find a vet down in Mississippi.

Hansboro Animal Hospital (in Gulfport on Pass Road). My vet is awesome but will be a ways away from you. Also, there is an ER clinic on Hwy 67 in Woolmarket. AWESOME place not too far from the interstate.

Oh, and the addys you sent are in decent 'hoods. Forgot to pm you that.

lotsadox
04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Poor Grrrrt. What a way to spend your gotcha day. :sosad:

Frzframe
04-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Poor Grrt and just when she thought she was gonna get some yummy treats to celabrate. :(

Happy Gottcha Day Grrt :banana:

HotDogMama
04-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Grrt!!:glitter: Sorry you had a rotten day! :kiss:

Otto'sMom
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
She got to go to the dog park AND she got chicken; the day wasn't a total bummer. She's a snoring pup right now, didn't even have the energy to ask to sit on my lap (which she did the entire time at the dog park, such a silly girl)

Mama S.
04-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Happy Gotcha Day sweetie! So sad dat you had to go to da woom of doom... Gwad dat Mama gibd you chicken!!
sandi

Patt
04-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Happy Gotcha day to Grrrt! :cheer2: :cheer2: Well at least she got a piece of chicken after all the other stuff. :)

oceangirls
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Poor Grrrt! I have had birthdays like that! Chicken (or maybe cake and an adult beverage in my case :D ) makes it better!

I agree, you have to be careful at those vet visits that are intended to be quick and inexpensive. I mentioned at the end of our last visit that Angel scratches one of her ears a lot and suddenly we had a cleaning and a cytology and the bill had gone up $40 although nothing significantly wrong was found :rolleyes:

Goob
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Happy Gotcha Grrt!! :yay:

Sorry mutter ruined it with a trip to the vet. Just kidding, you have a very good mutter who takes very good care of you!!! You are a lucky lady, Miss Grrrt! :appl:

Otto'sMom
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Grrrt's red and white blood count were a touch low, which is kinda good considering she's on the medication for high red blood cell count. She can cut down on her medication now! Just 2xs a week vs. every other day:banana: Everything else with her blood was good (I always panic a little with blood work ever since Izzy's revealed the kidney failure):hearts: