PDA

View Full Version : ANNNDDD, Angel could use rayz...

oceangirls
09-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Angel is acting like she did when she had a back problem a couple years ago. Yesterday, I noticed she was just a little reluctant to bounce up onto my lap like she usually does for petting, and today she didn't want to do it at all. We palpated along her spine and she is sensitive in one area.

SO... we have boxed her, given her back her gerbil water bottle, 5mg of prednisone, and an antler to gnaw on, and she's weirdly delighted. Her sister is - equally weirdly - jealous and is whining softly under her breath and trying to snout the computer off my lap (I'd give her an antler, but that's the only treat I can give her while grooming since she had pancreatitis, so she will have to wait).

So at any rate, we would welcome any spare rayz you may have. We will stop by the vet tomorrow morning and get her looked at, and at least get some more prednisone that's not expired.

We are going on vacation in 2 weeks, out of the country. My MIL will come to stay with them at my stepmom's condo... I kind of wanted them near the vet in case Cass had problems. She would do anything they need, but I feel bad saying, "yeah... this one might have a serious respiratory issue, and the other one could become paralyzed at any moment. Y'all have a good time and we'll see you in a week!" :rolleyes:

AnnMarieK
09-05-2014, 10:10 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope she improves quickly. She can rest in her crate during your trip and be recovered for your return :crossfin: :crossfin:

lotsadox
09-05-2014, 10:19 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope she improves quickly. She can rest in her crate during your trip and be recovered for your return :crossfin: :crossfin:

:ditto::ditto::ditto:

RustysMom
09-05-2014, 11:29 PM
We know what you are going through. Praying it's nothing more!!!! Sending a billion :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Yolanda
09-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Hope it is nothing to worry about and all is well.

:bigrayz::bigrayz: Just in case

Alex's Mom
09-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Tons and tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:. Did you get in to see the vet yet? Update???

Ivan
09-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Sending lotsa healthy back rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for miss Angel, and hoping she's right as rain, soon. Um, long BEFORE vacay. Ok, sweetums?

LexieLuvr
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Tons of get well :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
I am sending every ray I got and them some extras from my crew. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz::bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Did you tell Angel, her timing sucks? :) Wishing you a wonderful vacation and two healthy happy doxies upon your return.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

oceangirls
09-06-2014, 08:44 PM
She is doing just fine except I have over-prednisoned her :rolleyes:. Last time we started with 5mg twice daily, but the vet noted her weight is lower now, and suggested to just go with 2.5mg once daily to start. She only got 5mg last night, but basically sat in her box and stared at me all day. Actually, I had personally taken ibuprofen plus Sudafed plus a caffeine pill this morning (that is what works for me for occasional "monthly" migraines), so she and I stared at each other all day while Cassie napped :rotfl:.

DH has escaped to St. Louis... actually leaving tomorrow for Canada (Guelph). HIS timing is impeccable.

She is doing pretty good otherwise, just a little tense around the mid-back. I am going to do minimal pred if she doesn't indicate she's in pain.

Alex's Mom
09-07-2014, 04:28 AM
A stoned dog is a happy dog :). And mom, apparently :rotfl:

Glad to hear this update!!!! and you DO know that Guelph is right next door to where Lisa and Rafi live? Jus' saying.....

Red Haired Girl
09-07-2014, 08:54 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: I hope she feels better! Have you tried wine? Not for her, for you!

oceangirls
09-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Have you tried wine? Not for her, for you!

Wine fixes most everything, and I did have a little at my mom's last night, but it tends to make the migraine come back :sosad:.

And Paula, I did know that Guelph is near certain Canadian friends :). I believe that might be where Pogo had his back surgery?

I skipped the prednisone last night and gave her 2.5mg this morning. Will try every other day.

Alex's Mom
09-07-2014, 10:39 AM
And Paula, I did know that Guelph is near certain Canadian friends :). I believe that might be where Pogo had his back surgery?

It is :) that's where the big vet school is (one of 4 in Canada, but the oldest, and some might argue, the best!).

Lisa
09-07-2014, 06:38 PM
OMG, why oh why didn't you make the trip with him? What totally stinks is we were supposed to be on vacation this week. We always take the week right around our anniversary (today), but we pushed it back a week, so we are off next week.

((Waving)) at your hubby, since he is so close.

Since your last visit, we don't have the penny anymore. So when someone rounds up or down tell him they aren't ripping him off :) Canadians have adjusted really well to no penny, but it stresses out some American visitors.

Guelph is where Pogo had his surgery. It is a really nice city. If he likes breakfast, suggest he go to Eggcetra (http://www.eggcetra.ca/index.jsp?resourceID=4). I love the crepes and Rafi is a big fan of their Skillets. It is a restaurant that has had a DLC meetup (Paula, Rafi and I had breakfast there).

Mama S.
09-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Lots of soft sweet love coming your way!!!:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

oceangirls
09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
OMG, why oh why didn't you make the trip with him?

Because it's WAY more fun to go to the V.A. every day and hear patients complain about how we are trying to kill them :sosad:. And spend my weekend with a dog staring at me from a box :rotfl:.

He won't miss the penny. We wouldn't mind getting rid of ours!

:woohoo: Happy, Happy Anniversary! :woohoo:

How about you guys wait one more week for vacation and go with us to Croatia? :thumbup:

Lisa
09-08-2014, 06:09 AM
I would love to go to Croatia, I wish you a wonderful vacation.

And more rayz for Miss Angel. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Sitting and staring at a dachshund actually sounds quite entertaining, but then, I don't get out much :)

lotsadox
09-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Right now, I wouldn't mind staring at a dachshund as long as he was relatively quiet. :rolleyes:

SaxLady
09-08-2014, 02:27 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: Since I don't have her birthday to look at her planets, I tried to focus on her problem. I "heard" that it's a new problem with her back, a different place then before, not as serious.

oceangirls
09-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I like to watch dachshunds, but having a staring contest with one all weekend is unsettling :conf4:.

Both dogs are getting REALLY upset when I leave with Angel in the small crate and Cassie in the large one, even though the crates are right next to each other. They scream at me when I get home and Angel is scrabbling at the bottom of her crate, or the dog bed out of Cassie's, or whatever she can reach. She was getting way too crazy. I don't know what their deal is. So when I went back to work after lunch today, I had to put them both back in the large crate. They seemed fine with that. I just didn't want Cassie to bounce on her.

Candy, her birthday (and Cassie's) is 5/09/03. Your assessment seems to be correct, though (you usually seem to be right on :) ). She can walk around fine and does not seem to be in any pain.

SaxLady
09-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Sounds encouraging. If it becomes necessary I'll run her astro chart. Watch her carefully for the next three days because of the full moon affect. The moon is in Pisces and that rules the back.

Rae
09-09-2014, 09:19 AM
big :bigrayz: from Ky, and kudos to your girls for having a bunch of grandmas lined up.