PDA

View Full Version : Starting Raw Tomorrow

K2
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Okay, I'm going to go buy some chicken, rubber gloves, tablecloth, Lysol, Clorox and any other anti bacterial thing I can find. :) We're starting tomorrow. So get ready to answer lots of questions. I'll try to take pics although I'm not promising anything. Wish us luck!

Frzframe
04-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Good luck!

I'm to "chicken" to try it so I'll be watching your progress and maybe someday I'll get up enough nerve to make the switch.

Lisa
04-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Wow K2...not even doing the medallions, just going for it. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: There is a Raw feeding group you should maybe join as well.

Raw Weenies (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/raw_weenies/)

Good luck, looking forward to the pictures. I gave up the raw raw feeding....Pixel would only eat turkey neck and a variety of other body parts if I held it for him....ahhhh NO, not happening!

I bow down to all of you who can do it :bow: :bow: :bow:

K2
04-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the link, Lisa! I am so nervous~but I can do it!

Courtney
04-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't be nervous! It will be fine. I don't even measure it out anymore, just eyeball it. Probably something 1/4 lb or a wee bit bigger will be good for him! Let us know how it goes. And really, if you practice the same meat handling techniques you would use if you are cooking, everything willl be FINE! Promise!!