PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Problem or Foot Problems???

K2
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Okay, Pippit had his dental on Monday. He also got a nail trim~the shortest one EVER so I assume they had to use that stuff to stop the bleeding.

Anway, tonight he's been either licking one of his paws(so much that my comforter is wet)or rubbing his paw on the side of his face. I've looked in his mouth(he's not too happy about that)and on his paw/in his pads. I've washed his paws because he went to Daycare today and I know they walked to the park so he could have something on his paws.

He seems to have stopped since I used a baby wipe on his pads. But looking at him, it seems like his mouth(like the part where one side of his whiskers are)is a little swollen. I pushed on it and rubbed it and didn't get a reaction.

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and let him know what's going on. But until then~what do you guys think?

Thanks for listening.

LUVMYGUNNER
04-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Could be that is gums are a little irritaded from the cleaning. Mine is usualy that way when I get a cleaning.

Lisa
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
If they did his nails while he was under, they might have cauterized (sp?) them. I am not sure, but for Pippit. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Frzframe
04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe he got bit by something? That would be my guess. I'd watch it and see if it gets larger and if does I'd give him some Benydril.

Patt
04-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Sounds like they got the nails a little too short, probably by tomorrow he will be fine. I really don't know about the swelling on the muzzle maybe it was from licking too much. Good idea to give your vet a call, lets us know how Pippit is doing. :)

K2
04-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Pippit was much better this morning. And I was thinking when we went for our walk after diiner yesterday that he was walking slower than usual, but I figured he was tired because he'd been at daycare all day.

Even so, I called the vet to be sure. The tech said it sounded like a bug bite and to just keep an eye on him. If it gets any worse, I can feel free to bring him in but she said she honestly things it's a bug bite.

oceangirls
04-08-2006, 01:22 PM
seems like he's doing better so I'll just send rayz to make sure :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

It does sound like a bug bite, but I was going to say it would not surprise me if dogs' mouths do feel a little uncomfortable after a dental. My teeth hurt after FLOSSING so I can only imagine how I would feel after all that scaling and stuff they do to animals. :faint:

jennie_c_d
04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
They chopped Teenie's nails and cauterized them while she was under. I was thrilled, b/c I was still working on getting them down to a more normal length. She didn't seem bothered by her toes, but her mouth did bug her for a couple of days.

Bella's Mom
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Keep us posted on Pippit! Sure hope he's feeling better today! :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Jen
04-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Did Pippit stop the paw licking? Was it a bug bite? Its frustrating when its hard to tell!!