PDA

View Full Version : Rayz for P'nut

Lisa
12-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Well...it is December 1st which means time for a backisode :( Can we please have some rayz for P'nut who is showing neurological symptoms of a disk issue. She is on crate rest and will be going to the vet today.

lotsadox
12-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh, no! Sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and prayers and :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for all of you.

RustysMom
12-01-2014, 10:04 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending a billion :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: :hug99:

Two Red Smooth's
12-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Oh no :bigrayz: and :hug99: from Texas.

Rae
12-01-2014, 10:27 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for the Nutbar!

Yolanda
12-01-2014, 10:58 AM
P'Nut, noooooo please listen to you Mommy and Daddy and do exactly what they need you to do. No back issues :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Alex's Mom
12-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh Lisa. Just NO!!!!! Sending a ton of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:. Will be anxiously waiting to hear what the vet says!

Lisa
12-01-2014, 01:29 PM
She is too sore to take to the vet. I called in and got some drugs. She is resting right now, which is what she really needs. My poor baby girl.

oceangirls
12-01-2014, 02:12 PM
What the actual f???? Really no need for this every December :sosad:.

Lots of rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Tanya
12-01-2014, 02:33 PM
:sosad: Noooooooo! :sosad: Many millions of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for your baby girl.

:hug99: Hang in there, Lisa. :hug99:

Lisa
12-01-2014, 02:56 PM
What the actual f???? Really no need for this every December :sosad:.

Lots of rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

I couldn't agree more, Kim :sosad: I normally spend December waiting for the shoe to drop, but she didn't let me get all full of anxiety. She just went for it.

I don't know what to do. I gave up our couch when Pogo went down years ago. She doesn't do stairs. I have a ramp to the backyard. I was picking her up and blowing raspberries on her belly a few days ago. I guess that is what did it. I know she is strong. Probably the strongest out of all my dogs, she is low weight, and will, hopefully, bounce back quickly. But *%^&. Enough is enough.

RustysMom
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
its a heart breaker for sure. Having only experienced this with Rusty and Baxter a month ago had a small flair up, makes me wonder if I ever want another Dachshund!!! ok, thats stupid, yes I do. But gee.....

Praying big time for P'nut. Is this her first episode?

I do wonder if the cold has anything to do with it? Rusty went down and had surgery in May. Hes doing quite well but I wonder if the cold is affecting him in any way, maybe artritus from this? but you can tell he in uncomfortable at times.

Ivan
12-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Miss P'Nut, there's no reason to spice up December. M&D have plenty of excitement without any additional visits to your favorite vet, sweetheart. Nope, boring is best, not back injury stuff. Repete aprez moi: pas IVDD. Stay healthy, my friend. Sending lotsa rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

wawailc
12-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Not the nut bar! Tons of :bigrayz::hug99::bigrayz::hug99: for the family.

Kasianni
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I couldn't agree more, Kim :sosad: I normally spend December waiting for the shoe to drop, but she didn't let me get all full of anxiety. She just went for it.

I don't know what to do. I gave up our couch when Pogo went down years ago. She doesn't do stairs. I have a ramp to the backyard. I was picking her up and blowing raspberries on her belly a few days ago. I guess that is what did it. I know she is strong. Probably the strongest out of all my dogs, she is low weight, and will, hopefully, bounce back quickly. But *%^&. Enough is enough.

Oh no, Lisa!! I can so relate to this!! I am sorry she is going through this, and so sorry to hear she is in pain. Are you going to stay with 8 weeks of crate rest or another treatment?? Theo, is just 6 months out of his episode, and started showing signs early last week as well..Back feet slipping on the floors and such, but other than that, full of spunk and no pain. Not sure what it is as he went down fast last time..maybe this is lingering effects, don't know how long they can last. Keeping him on restricted movement too right now..and I am full of anxiety so glad to hear you were spared from that as its awful. Sending oodles of :bigrayz:for your P'nut!! :hug99:

LexieLuvr
12-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Oh, no! I so hat to hear that! Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

bittyup
12-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Praying December will be backisode free for P'Nut.Lots of preventive rayz and hugs:bigrayz::bighug::bigrayz::bighug::bigrayz::bi ghug::crossfin:

bittyup
12-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Extra rayz for p'nut:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99:

Lisa
12-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Oh no, Lisa!! I can so relate to this!! I am sorry she is going through this, and so sorry to hear she is in pain. Are you going to stay with 8 weeks of crate rest or another treatment?? Theo, is just 6 months out of his episode, and started showing signs early last week as well..Back feet slipping on the floors and such, but other than that, full of spunk and no pain. Not sure what it is as he went down fast last time..maybe this is lingering effects, don't know how long they can last. Keeping him on restricted movement too right now..and I am full of anxiety so glad to hear you were spared from that as its awful. Sending oodles of :bigrayz:for your P'nut!! :hug99:

Yup, 8 weeks of crate rest. Metacam and tramodol. I have been going to the same vet for 14 years, so he is confident it is a back episode. But, we agreed, I will bring her in when her pain subsides a bit just for a full evaluation and to rule out anything more serious.

It's hard to articulate to people how you "know". With Pogo, he blew his disk. There was no question. He was walking, I went to shower, and then he wasn't walking. It was that fast. With Pixel he got so so bad, and he was in massive amounts of pain. But the disk held and he slowly got better. His was a really tough road. P'nut, you can see the drunk walk, but I think we caught it early, that now when there is any "does X look off to you" conversations, we assume it is IVDD and start treating it as such immediately. So right now, we are in a holding pattern. Hoping she doesn't get worse, hoping the disk holds on and doesn't blow.

The positives. P'nut loves her crate. Like it is kind of sad how much she likes her crate. She starts cooing like a pigeon to have her crate door shut at 8:00 p.m. :wtf2: We could go without clocks in our house. 5:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 pm are always marked with Doxie sounds. Second positive. She is really strong. She is pretty young - 6 years old, so she has that going for her too. She has happy tail and is peeing and pooping well.

She is still bad this morning, again, not as bad as Pixel was when he went down, but bad for her :) There is no improvement, but no deterioration either. So day 2 is the same as day 1.

I am probably having a harder time than she is. At least she gets drugs :rolleyes: I would love one full year IVDD free.

oceangirls
12-02-2014, 10:31 AM
now when there is any "does X look off to you" conversations, we assume it is IVDD and start treating it as such immediately

That totally works with Angel. With Cassie, I'm like, "okay, it's either back or GI!" and it was atypical pneumonia. All bets are off with that one :conf4:.

As far as the raspberries on the belly, you know that was just coincidental timing. That disc was waiting for an excuse to cause trouble (i.e., please don't stop raspberrying your wienerdogs, because they would be sad).

It is so much easier when they like the crate!

Lots of hugs. Keep us updated :hug99::hug99::hug99::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Alex's Mom
12-02-2014, 10:37 AM
It's funny (well, odd, as opposed to ha ha :rolleyes: ) how different households tend to cluster certain issues. In my house it's all about GI tract stuff and cancer and internal organs, in others, IVDD. (Now I've probably gone and jinxed myself :shocked: ). good thing she likes the crate indeed!!! And that she's still basically happy with life!

Sending tons more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Kasianni
12-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Aww sorry little P'nut is no better today! I am keeping my eye on Theo too right now..gave him metacam last week and keep him restricted..not sure able the slipping feet as he did that when the neurologist examined him in June as well and she wasn't concerned only said "he's not in pain"..so no walks right now and keeping him calm. Its hard because he is a wild one..loves running and playing around..he too likes his crate but not as much as your P'nut..Hope you caught it in time and that you see some improvement soon! :bigrayz::hug99:

lotsadox
12-02-2014, 03:54 PM

The more I'm around doxies and the more back issues I see, the more convinced I am that a lot of it is just a roll of the dice. Let's see who has the bad back gene. I've had overweight, under active dogs who leaped as puppies that were fine and dogs whose weight was always good and they were well muscled who had back problems. I've never figured it out and so have just decided its a case of "Sh*t happens". I don't know how else to explain it.

Kasianni
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
The more I'm around doxies and the more back issues I see, the more convinced I am that a lot of it is just a roll of the dice. Let's see who has the bad back gene. I've had overweight, under active dogs who leaped as puppies that were fine and dogs whose weight was always good and they were well muscled who had back problems. I've never figured it out and so have just decided its a case of "Sh*t happens". I don't know how else to explain it.

True!! Both of mine are tiny, and not over weight at all and it happened to Theo. They both jumped around a lot, not so much off things but I tell you if you can imagine Tigger The Tiger, that is Theo, he LIKES to jump up and down like that!! Mika use to jump off the bed until I installed a ramp on one side,small stairs on the other. (years ago now) Both NEVER go near the couch, and Theo went down, and has issues, and Mika has none..go figure..

LexieLuvr
12-02-2014, 07:17 PM
More recovery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Tex
12-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Jax was about 6 or 7 when his back first went out. Sending super fast healing rays from Texas!!!

Tanya
12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I hope P'nut is showing some signs of improvement today. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
She is the same. By the same, she is no worse, so I am taking that as a good thing.

Ivan
12-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Um, steady as she goes is OK? Well then, have more rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: cuz they can make y'all better.

Kasianni
12-03-2014, 04:25 PM
That is a good thing, as you know from experience and told me as well when Theo went down, you might not see an improvement right away, might take a few days/weeks but as long as it does not get worse, that is ok, so indeed a very good thing!!!! Sending more :bigrayz: for your little P'nut. :hug99:

AnnMarieK
12-03-2014, 11:44 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Hope she is feeling better soon... also :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you.

Tanya
12-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Any improvement, Lisa? :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
12-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I want to say yes, but she is still showing communication issues. Much like Pixel, she is best between 9 - 3, then her mobility drops a bit.

We have a vet appointment today at 3:30.

I just really want that disc to hang on. :crossfin:

Kasianni
12-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Ohhh I hope there is improvement!!! Theo too was best during those hours..If she hasn't gone completely down now after these few days, I would love to think that she won't. That the disc will hold. Do you remember when I noticed Theo's feet slipping rushed him to the vets, then the vets said keep him calm etc..but then the week later, he went down and I knew right away, it was so fast so maybe you did catch this in time with your P'nut!!! Please update as soon as possible, I would love to hear some good news!!! :hug99:

Lisa
12-05-2014, 06:34 PM
She is doing okay. I know we have a long road ahead. This is a mild case of IVDD and hopefully she will fully recover. I just don't want to be too optimistic in case she gets worse.

Kasianni
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM
She is doing okay. I know we have a long road ahead. This is a mild case of IVDD and hopefully she will fully recover. I just don't want to be too optimistic in case she gets worse.

Glad she is doing ok, Lisa!!! That's a good thing. Yes, the road might be long, but you've done it before, and in her case its not as bad as the others that have been down that road at your house. P'nut WILL recover, if you keep her crated then she is already healing, so be optimistic!!!!!! please:hug99:

Lisa
12-06-2014, 09:37 AM
She is better this morning. Still obvious issues, but better. :) I think by the end of December I will commit to her being good :)

Tanya
12-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Yay! Continued :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!

lotsadox
12-06-2014, 02:45 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for Ms. P! That is so good to hear! :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Kasianni
12-06-2014, 09:14 PM
See!!!! Never tell yourself anything other than she WILL get better with time. We tent to think the worse, I do the same, most of us do. Sending oodles of :bigrayz:for P'nut!!! :hug99:

M&M's Mom
12-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Glad she is coming along!