PDA

View Full Version : two week P'nut update -- Good :)

Lisa
12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Miss Nutty Nutbar aka P'nut is doing well. She is getting quite vocal about being in her crate. When we are home, we are keeping her crate door open and she is staying in there and not being quite as mouthy. She is going out to potty on her own (with a blanket over the sliding door rails), and once in a while she will go and snuggle into Pepsi. Between 8 - 9 pm she is still requesting the door to her crate be closed. She is no longer doing any kind of drunk walk or right leg skipping. I am still not going to pick her up until the end of January to ensure the disk calcifies, but I am hopeful we will get though this. :crossfin:

She is off all Tramadol, it was gradually reduced over the past few day. She is still on Metacam and will be until Sunday (two week mark). If she is still good by then, we will stop that as well.

Kasianni
12-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Awesome update, Lisa!!! So glad to hear your P'nut is getting better!!! :bigrayz:

BeauBuddy
12-12-2014, 07:24 PM
That's an awesome update!! Do you feel like you can breathe now? Maybe just a bit?
So she requests that the door of the crate be closed between 8 and 9. I don't know how she does that but 2 thumbs up from me!! lol

oceangirls
12-12-2014, 07:31 PM
That's really great! We will keep the rayz coming regardless... :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
12-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Great update. Thanks so much, Lisa.

Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for the Nutbar

Ivan
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Hey, that's superb news. Way to go Miss P'Nut. You keep it slow & easy, now, ok little one? No xmas drama. Just calm tranquility. Just like your brother. ;-)

LexieLuvr
12-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Wow, that's just terrific news! Merry Christmas! More :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:, just in case!

Tanya
12-15-2014, 06:50 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: Great news!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

RustysMom
12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Yay Pnut!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kasianni
02-08-2015, 12:58 PM
How is your P'nut doing? Is crate rest done or almost done now? Hope all is well.

Lisa
02-08-2015, 06:03 PM
She is done crate rest and is doing great. We didn't go super rigorous this round with her. We kept her from jumping and did not pick her up for the 8 weeks, just because she is a spazz and tends to flip and flop when we do pick her up.

The only dog that is having issues is Pogo, and he seems to have something going on with his paw or shoulder, we can't quite pinpoint it. If he is not better by tomorrow he is going to the vet to be checked out. It is totally not his back, but he his not walking right (but again, clearly not a neurological issue, just something is off).

lotsadox
02-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Poor Pogo-man. CC had a couple issues with her shoulder. She'd suddenly be walking funny on it. I never did find out what was going on, but we'd do restricted movement and rest for a while and she'd be fine. Since it only happened twice and never again, I didn't worry too much about it.

Tanya
02-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Great news for P'Nut!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Pogo. Peaches has a leg issue that we deal with just as much as back issues. I really don't know what the deal is, but it's always something. I hate that our pups are getting older. :sosad:

Red Haired Girl
02-09-2015, 06:58 AM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for P'nut getting sprung! Is it maybe Pogo's knee?

Alex's Mom
02-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Great update!!! And yes, it does seem that if it's not one thing, it's another :rolleyes:. It could be shoulder...do you have access to a vet chiropractor? If so, it would be worth a visit...I was never a big believer, but Laura has convinced me!!

good update here too...Ferk hasn't coughed ONCE since she's been on the antibiotics...could it have been a firmly entrenched lung infection?? Heidi's doing just fine...but wants back in the big bed :sosad:. If she doesn't have a recurrence, she can stop being crated on Saturday! :cheer3::cheer3:

Kasianni
02-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Great to hear P'nut is doing well!!

K2
02-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Great update!! Good to hear that P'nut and Ferk are doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk