PDA

View Full Version : Not For The Faint of Heart(Pippit's First RAW Meal)pic heavy

K2
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Okay, today was the day! I put some green beans and carrots in the bottom of a bowl and then put the chicken on top of that. Here's what happened....

"Hmmmm.....what's dis??? And I get my bewy own table cwoff too???"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw004.jpg

He actually took the chicken leg out~and ate all the veggies FIRST!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw006.jpg

Notice he's doing his best not to touch it with his paws!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw001.jpg

"Hey, dis is pwetty good!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw005.jpg

"Gotta get ebery wast morsel."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/special328k/yoga/raw007.jpg

What I was most impressed with~"MR. Inhale-my-dinner-in-30-seconds" actually took almost a half an hour to eat his dinner tonight! I hope everything agrees with him now.

Lisa
04-08-2006, 04:15 PM
30 minutes! That's amazing. I do think mine still eat too fast. Pogo is done something like that in about 5 minutes, Pixel about 15...I'm not sure what to do to slow them down!

I think Pippit loves his new food. I cracked up that he ate his veggies first...what a good boy!

K2
04-08-2006, 04:18 PM
30 minutes! That's amazing. I do think mine still eat too fast. Pogo is done something like that in about 5 minutes, Pixel about 15...I'm not sure what to do to slow them down!

I think Pippit loves his new food. I cracked up that he ate his veggies first...what a good boy!

He had no clue what to do~I think that's why he took so long to eat it. Did Pogo and Pixel always eat that fast, or did they work up to it?

I think he ate his veggies first because they were familiar to him. We'll see what happens tomorrow....

HotDogMama
04-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Go Pippit!! He'll get the hang of it in no time I'm sure, Molly hasn't had her 1st actual real meat yet, we are hanging onto the medallions for now, you are a lot braver than I!! :appl: :appl: To you both!!

Great Pics, love the close up!!

Jill
04-08-2006, 07:40 PM

5 Minutes? 15 Minutes??
Are you for real?

Bailey literally is like 15 seconds. :shocked:

Jill
04-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh, so did he keep it on the table cloth?

K2
04-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh, so did he keep it on the table cloth?

He did!! He tried at first to run off, but I told him to stay and he did!! (which surprised me!)

Bailey really eats that in a matter of seconds??? I guess Pippit needs to work on his eating skills. :)

Lisa
04-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Bailey literally is like 15 seconds. :shocked: For a chicken leg??? WOW okay, I'm going to stop worrying then.

For the medallions, yeah, it takes me longer to bend over and put the bowls on the floor - most of the time I can just lower the bowls and stand up with two empty ones.

Jill
04-08-2006, 07:49 PM
He did!! He tried at first to run off, but I told him to stay and he did!! (which surprised me!)

Bailey really eats that in a matter of seconds??? I guess Pippit needs to work on his eating skills. :)

Awesome! I think now that the weather is getting nicer here I think on the weekends I might start to give them some real raw pieces, outside.

Yes - I stand there and watch him while he eats because I am so nervous. He's always been like that. Even when he was on kibble. I've tried to break up the meal, givin it to him in parts, but he eats them just as fast. :rolleyes:

Reese is better. Eats slower, but it's still only a few minutes.

Jill
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
For a chicken leg??? WOW okay, I'm going to stop worrying then.

:rotfl: NO - Medallions.

K2
04-08-2006, 08:07 PM
:rotfl: NO - Medallions.

Oh good!!! Here I was thinking Pippit was "chicken leg challenged"!:rotfl:

JanUet
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
:woohoo: Pippit!

I am so amazed that he ate the veggies first! :rotfl:

Casey's first RAW chicken experience I HAD to hold on to the piece of chicken. Didn't really bother me ( I think I had a little Courtney devil on my shoulder saying C'mon don't be a chicken :lol:)

Sophie was an Old Pro at it! :cheer2:

Casey took 30 minutes to eat his chicken when I first started him on it. NOw it takes him 15 - 20 minutes. Sophie just takes her time.

I found that giving them their chicken on a table cloth was much easier to clean up without having to wash the floor after every meal!

I'm proud of you K2! And I'm sure Pippit is thinking...WOW! What a good boy I am for getting chicken for dinner! :hearts:

K2
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Casey's first RAW chicken experience I HAD to hold on to the piece of chicken. Didn't really bother me ( I think I had a little Courtney devil on my shoulder saying C'mon don't be a chicken :lol:)

I am SO glad that you said this Janet. Now I can confess that I had to hold(while wearing a rubber glove and using a paper towl)the chicken leg for Pippit at first, too. I just thought Pippit was challenged. Glad to see he's not. He's just learning!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-09-2006, 09:06 AM
:cheer2: :appl: :cheer2: :appl: :cheer2: :appl: :cheer2:

Nancy
04-09-2006, 10:02 AM
that is too funny! he ate all his veggies FIRST!?!?! you have a very well trained pooch!!!

lotsadox
04-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Scooter still eats his kibble first and then the chicken leg. :scratch: I have no idea what that's about? Mine also inhale their medallions. Like Lisa said, it takes longer for me to bend over and put the bowls on the floor than it does for them to eat! :shocked: Mine eat a wing in about 10 minutes or so probably. I put them outside to eat it so I don't really pay much attention. :dunno:

Linus
04-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I have a student that eats all her veggies first then goes for the main dish....

Saving the best for last, maybe?

jenfer
04-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Did Pippit eat the bone too? I have no idea, so I have to ask. :p

Gigi eats her medallion in seconds. It takes a bit longer if it's kibbles. hehe.

I would be afraid if I feed Gigi chicken leg she would run away with it... then I will probably cry. lol.

K2
04-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Did Pippit eat the bone too? I have no idea, so I have to ask. :p

Gigi eats her medallion in seconds. It takes a bit longer if it's kibbles. hehe.

I would be afraid if I feed Gigi chicken leg she would run away with it... then I will probably cry. lol.

Being the germaphobe that I am~I had Pippit stay on the table cloth. He tried twice to run off with the chicken but I told him to go back and stay. He did~I don't think he wanted to give up that chicken.

Yup~he ate the bones and everything!

Michelle
04-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah!!!!! Mr Pippit gets his first raw meal!!!,
Isn't it so cool that he knew how to eat that raw chicken leg right away!!!!
Woo Hoo!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Bella's Mom
04-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Sure looks like he loved it!

Mama S.
04-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Good job Pippit!! YOur Mama's gonna be slangin chikin parts in no time:rotfl: :rotfl: My guys got pork necks tonight and I wasn't happy as there was hardly ANY bone! Normally ALL bone!! They do so love da Mama!!
sandi

Jen
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow, maybe someday....Pippit looks like he's loving raw! The tablecloth is a good idea.