PDA

View Full Version : This is so frustrating....

K2
01-31-2015, 12:23 PM
Pippit's been on meds (Tramadol and Carprofen) since 1/21.
He was doing better. And the. I went away and he went back to square one. I know that Karen took great care of him. But we were back at square one. (1/27)
Got some new meds. (Still Tramadol and Carprofen with Gabapentin and Methocarbamol.
Had the pain under control. All through the night. He was walking better. Everything better.
And then the diarrhea started. Along came Flagyl and we stopped the Methocarbamol.

Pippit is in pain. Off and on. He is not getting to the next dose. I'm waiting for my vet to call back with what I should do.

I hate that my little man is in pain! I hate that I can't make it stop.
I am so worried about him. Freaking out really.

I know I just have to wait. And be patient. But every time he yelps or cries, it rips my heart apart a little more.

Please send is rays. And any advice would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lotsadox
01-31-2015, 02:18 PM
OMG, Karen, I'm so sorry. I know what you mean about the yelping just tearing your heart out. I was in tears many times when Bogart was hurting. I have no advice to give. Just sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LexieLuvr
01-31-2015, 03:05 PM
That really sux! I'm so sorry and wish I could help! It's so awful when they hurt and you can't help them, I know. All I can do is offer tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:. I hope you get some better news soon and Pippit improves!

Yolanda
01-31-2015, 04:17 PM
Can it be just an issue of a slight adjustment to the meds.

Did you give him "pepto" or something like it with the meds to ease the tummy. I have Carafate to sue with my one dogs tummy for his meds.

Hope youg it out soon,

A hurint pup does not make for a good time.

Hugs and :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Mama S.
01-31-2015, 05:01 PM
nooooo Pippit.:sosad:

Alex's Mom
01-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Oh god, Karen. I know exactly what you're going through. There are simply no words. ITA with Yo...it might also help if your vet could give the drugs by injection today and tomorrow just to give his digestive tract a bit of a rest. Sending all the :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:there are and just as many :hug99::hug99::hug99:. Keep us posted, ok?

K2
01-31-2015, 05:52 PM
We've adjusted his meds and he is resting comfortably. Just ate dinner(rice). My vet recommended staggering the meds so that they wear off at different times.
So, I've made a sheet to keep track of everything.
Hoping for a snow day on Monday so I can have another day to get things adjusted.
My vet also feels we have to give the Flagyl a few doses to see it work.
And I can give Pepto as well

SaxLady
01-31-2015, 06:04 PM
I hope the adjustment in meds work.. If his birthday is March 1st, he is a Pisces and that sign has a strong tendency for back issues. The full moon is February 3rd. Watch him very carefully Feb 3, 4 and 5. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
01-31-2015, 07:28 PM
I know what you mean about seeing them in pain and it ripping out your heart. I am so sorry you and Pippit are going through this. Lots of rayz for your little guy.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
02-01-2015, 10:53 AM
I think we adjusted the meds just right.
Pippit was pain free all day yesterday.
He slept all night last night, too. He did get up at 4 am-just to go potty(no crying)So far, so good on that end, too.
Fingers crossed that today continues pain free.

lotsadox
02-01-2015, 11:03 AM
:crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: I hope that you did get them right now and Pippit is pain free and you are stress free. :hug99::hug99:

LexieLuvr
02-01-2015, 12:38 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: