PDA

View Full Version : Wormies (EW)

Courtney
12-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Well I found out why Dax is so skinny!!! I feel awful for not thinking of this like two months ago, but I had a fecal run and sure enough....roundworms. No doubt the critters have been eating like kings on all that raw food!

So we got some Strongid at the vet today. We just found a vet in the Dallas area that will give us a generous discount, get our pups in right away, and bill the rescue for us. I am super excited about that as it makes it a ton easier on those of us who pull dogs from shelters up here (our rescue is Austin-based and our vets are down there).

Anyway, I got two doses, anyone know if I need to refrigerate the next dose?

And speaking of worms, Buster Buddy has tapeworms, BAD. They are so obvious in his poop, as I found out when I went to collect some!

ewwwwwwwwwwheeebiejeebieewwwwwwwww

Do we have a heebie jeebie smilie?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :vomit: :vomit:

Tanya
12-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh no! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Dax and Buster!

Piper had worms when we brought him home! You're right... :vomit: However, they were taken care of pretty easily. I hope the same for Dax. I don't know much about tapeworm.

I guess this isn't approriate! :wormie:

lotsadox
12-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Eeeewwww! Worms! Yuck! Poor Dax and Buddy. I don't know if we have a heebie jeebie smilie :scratch: , but the throw up one does suit the situation.

Bella's Mom
12-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I have to agree with the ewwww factor. I sure hope their both better real soon. So glad to hear you have a vet close that will offer their services.

Patt
12-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Poor little Dax but he'll be putting on weight now. As far as I know the meds do not have to be regrigerated but you might double check with your vet to be sure. If at all possible suggest you do the a fecal test soon as your bring the foster puppers into your home, possibly you might have Po's checked every one in awhile. Sending :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to Dax & Buster.

Courtney
12-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh yes, our rescue does do fecal tests on all dogs when they are brought in. Dax did have some sort of worms when he came in and was given Panacur. However he is a poop eater and we have feral cats around, plus his previous foster home had something like 13 dogs, with many in and out! Napoleon just had a fecal done as part of his annual too. They didn't tell me it was positive but I will call to check the result just in case!!

lotsadox
12-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I would call, just in case.

Patt
12-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Oh no, with that habit you'll have a hard time staying ahead of the worms. :faint: Good luck!

Courtney
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I know Heartgard given monthly is supposed to protect against parasites as well, so I'm not so worried about Po but I am going to check.

Just checked and it was negative!

Patt
12-09-2005, 03:52 PM
:cheer2: GOOD NEWS :cheer2: :1jump: :happy2:

Goob
12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh heavens. I cannot even being to discribe the severity of my heeby jeebies over worms. :shocked:

Here's some :rayz: :rayz: for them to clear up fast!

Jen
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Glad Po is ok. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Dax and :appl: :appl: for your bravery in dealing with all the wormies!

JuneyTrixie
12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Eeewww! Here's some rays for Dax! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and some prevention rays for Po! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Linus
12-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Ewww is right! Poor Dax...he'll feel better soon though! :bighug: for the both of you!

Mama S.
12-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Now da skeeeny man can become da big healthy guy!!! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that the nasties are gone soon!
Sandi

Anatresia
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Dax- I hope he has a speedy recovery from his wormies. :sosad: