PDA

View Full Version : Ruby update and a question

Frzframe
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Ruby is doing pretty good. The thing is she now doesn't want to come out of her kennel. What's up with that?? She can walk although she is a little unsteady and she doesn't seem to be in much pain. I not giving her any pain pills so I know she has some pain but she isn't acting like she has much.

She goes back into the chiropractor Thursday morning. But, I know she isn't acting normal because of this not wanting to come out of the kennel. She is back to barking which is a good sign. Any idea's?

lotsadox
04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Got me! :dunno: I"m glad she seems to be doing better though. Sending more rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

oceangirls
04-11-2006, 08:32 PM
well, my only ideas are (1) that she is tired (especially if the pain pill is a narcotic), or (2) that she feels more secure and more protected in her "den" since she knows she is injured.

sending more Ruby rayz :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Alex's Mom
04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
She may be in more pain than you think, maybe? they do like to hide it from us, stoic little guys that they are!!! she probably feels more secure in there...just like us hunkering down in bed when we're not feeling well. Probably not moving too much is a good thing at this stage too, I would think! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her continued recovery...let us know how the next chiro appt goes!:hug99: to both of you from Alex and me!!!!

Patt
04-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Maybe it's nothing but I would watch her closely. Possibly she is starting to have a relaspe and that's why she is staying in her "den" it's a safe place for her. Sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby.

K2
04-12-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree with what's been said....Hopefully it's not a relapse, but keep your eye on her. Sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby!

Jen
04-12-2006, 10:06 AM
:ditto: Sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby!!