PDA

View Full Version : Peanut going for MRI and possible surgery wednesday

Notre Dame Mom
11-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Peanut is not moving. Yelping in pain. MRI and possible surgery. Please pray for healing.

LexieLuvr
11-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Oh, wow. Lots of prayers coming. My Jack had surgery after he went down the second time and came back 100%. All it takes is a great vet, I think.

Alex's Mom
11-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: We'll be waiting to hear how it goes tomorrow. Do you have any kind of pain meds for him til then?

LUVMYGUNNER
11-14-2016, 08:53 PM
OMG Prayers for your baby!

Lisa
11-14-2016, 09:10 PM
So many rayz coming your way. Surgery is very scary, but the outcome is usually very good. Lots of rayz. Please keep us posted. Thinking about you both during this horrible time. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: x a million.

Lots of us have had dogs with football scars. Same post treatment.

Lots of rest, time for healing. You will have them up and walking sooner though (2 weeks, if I remember correctly?!?). Sling to support potty function. 1/2 pepcid 1/2 hour before drugs. We did re-hab with Pogo (special exercises, water therapy etc). After his surgery. Some weird things, Pogo could run on grass before he could walk on tile. We had to put carpet runners down everywhere for him. I think tile is like ice for humans.

lotsadox
11-14-2016, 09:49 PM
Sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: your way

I've been thru surgery with one of mine and she had a very good recovery at 9 years old. Follow the surgeon's instructions to the letter and you'll be fine.

Lisa's suggestions are good ones. I had to put carpet runner's down for Bogart. Target used to have really cheap ones. I also got one at Bed, Bath and Beyond for under the ramp in the bedroom pretty cheap.

Keep us posted.

Notre Dame Mom
11-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Thank you everyone. She is on gabapentin and tramadol. Tomorrow is it!! Peanut is resting comfortably in her crate. She is a very fearful dog who does not like people touching her. Please send prayers she responds to everyone in a positive manner who is trying to take care of her. This makes me more nervous than the procedure. She is a sweet girl but was the true runt of the litter and Is afraid of everyone.

LUVMYGUNNER
11-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Prayers for your pup...and many rays :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Notre Dame Mom
11-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Peanut can walk and go potty! Just has pain. I guess MRI will tell us tomorrow thanks for everyone's support.