PDA

View Full Version : Reese went down

Jill
12-15-2016, 04:49 PM
I know I am friends with some of you on FB, and you've probably seen my posts. Thank you for the well wishes and good thoughts.

We will get to see him tonight I need to know what to do about Bailey. He's depressed. He keeps looking, staring at the door, looking for Reese. I am trying not to leave him alone too much - I am lucky that he can come to work with me - but he's so sad. What can I do to help cheer him up?

Lisa
12-15-2016, 07:26 PM
Jill, I am so sorry to hear about Reese! I really think all you can do is after you visit Reese, let Bailey smell you and tell him what is going on. He must be picking up on your anxiety too. I have been through this (although not this extreme), and it is such an emotional roller-coaster. Maybe if you could rotate blankets between the two of them? It will get better. Reese will be home soon, and Bailey will have his buddy back.

Hugs to you. I have missed you more than words can say, but I hate seeing people back under these circumstances :(

Alex's Mom
12-15-2016, 08:40 PM
What Lisa said, Jill. I'm so sorry to hear about Reese...how long before he comes home? I think the blankie thing is a good idea, as is telling him what's going on. It sounds silly, but I swear they understand. Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for all of you. Welcome home!:)

LexieLuvr
12-15-2016, 08:42 PM
What Lisa said, Jill. I'm so sorry to hear about Reese...how long before he comes home? I think the blankie thing is a good idea, as is telling him what's going on. It sounds silly, but I swear they understand. Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for all of you. Welcome home!:)

Couldn't agree more. Tons of rayz to Reese!

Lisa
12-16-2016, 09:28 AM
How is Reese today? I have been thinking about him since you posted. I am sending so many rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

lotsadox
12-16-2016, 10:48 AM
I agree with Lisa. I'm big on talking to my dogs and telling them what's up. I really do think on some level they understand. I also think letting them comfort me helps them as well as me.

Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

bittyup
12-04-2017, 02:08 PM
I am so sorry about Reese. Big hugs and healing rayz. Yes to the blankie.:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: