PDA

View Full Version : Low-la is in the hospital! [with update]

Red Haired Girl
04-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I came home from work at 5:30. She was out in the yard and didn't come in the doggie door when I came inside. I opened the back door and she was still at the bottom of the steps. She tried to come to me but couldn't put any weight on her drivers side front paw.

I called her vet and the on call Dr. called me right away. he was going to deliver a calf and it would be an hour before he was back at the office. I asked if I could give 1/2 a baby aspirin, he told me to go ahead and he'd call when he was done calving. Fast forward and hour - she isn't any better - so off to the hospital we go. She still wouldn't walk on it even with the baby aspirin. He examined her and felt her knee 'crunching'! Needless to say, he admitted her and will do xrays in the morning. for tonight he was going to give her a pretty strong pain killer so she would rest. I miss her already.....

On a side note. Our animal hospital is small but it is a teaching hospital and sometimes you get the intern that is on staff for a year. I met the newby tonight. Just a big gentle guy who was really good with her. I think he'll be a fine vet.

oceangirls
04-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh Tracy! I'm so sorry! Sounds like she is in good hands, though. Please keep us updated and sending rayz :rayz::bigrayz: :rayz::bigrayz: :rayz::bigrayz: for her

... and :hug99: for you. Mitch is probably wondering where she is too. :(

Mama S.
04-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Nooooooooo.. Not sweet Low-la! Mega sunny warm :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: that all is ok
Sandi

areese
04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
O no. Poor girly. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Low-la's knee.

JanUet
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh My Goodness! :shocked: Please do keep us posted!
Sending tons of healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

It is comforting to know she is in good hands :hearts:

Did she yelp at all when you touched her "drivers side" paw?

Red Haired Girl
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
She whispered a yelp. Unlike her mother who just says what is on the tip of her tounge, Low-la is always a lady and it would be unladylike to actually yelp. She was hurting pretty bad. I could tell by the way she was acting - a little shocky and shivering and cool to the touch. I'm glad he is giving her some strong pain meds.

Red Haired Girl
04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Mitch is probably wondering where she is too.

No, not yet. He is just sucking up all the extra attention and thinking of ways to scam his daddy out of extra treats!

Jen
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Low-la! Ouch, sounds painful if she actually uttered a complaint! Please let us know what the Vet says in the morning.

Lisa
04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
OH NO! I am so sorry to hear about Low-la, please keep us updated about her.

I know how I was freaking when Pixel had his paw thing a few weeks ago, so I can empathize with what you are going through.

Lots of rayz for Low-la. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Frzframe
04-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that pretty little Low-la is hurting. I hope the pain meds make her comfortable for the evening. Many healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s.

Helen
04-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Uh-oh. :( Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: . I'm glad you feel comfortable with the person taking care of her. Please let us know as soon as you know anything!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-11-2006, 11:38 PM
So sorry to hear about Low-la! Hope she is well soon!!!

lotsadox
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm so sorry. Sending rayz for Low-la. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Here are some rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her.

jenfer
04-12-2006, 12:27 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Low-la. :pray: :pray: :pray: get well soon. :bighug: to hoomom too. Please keep us posted.

Patt
04-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Here's more healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: for Low-la.

Alex's Mom
04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Low-la's knee, and a :hug99: for you guys. Teaching hospitals can be the best (and sometimes not so much...), can't they! Let us know what happens this morning!!!

Nancy
04-12-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm so sorry Tracey!! Mega :bigrayz: that the little angel heals quick! Please keep us posted!

Yolanda
04-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Good morning. I know it is early, but please update us when your can. Snding lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
04-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Sending Low-La mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: How is she doing today?

Otto'sMom
04-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Such a brave little girl.:hug99: and:bigrayz: for a quick recovery.

Lisa
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I was hoping to see an update, but I know it's still early. Any news yet Tracy?

More rayz for Miss Low-la :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

quavec
04-12-2006, 11:53 AM
tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Low La.

:hug99:

Patt
04-12-2006, 12:02 PM
More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers for Low-la, I hope she is doing better. :crossfin:

laura
04-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I know what that is like, Harold had it too! took a long time, but at 16 years old, he recovered! Keep us updated and lots of love for Low-La!

Michelle
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Mega Rays for Low-La :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
Hope she will be OK, and please send us an update as soon as
you hear something!!! :hearts: :hearts:

HotDogMama
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of rays, and special :pray: for the little angel!! Hope she feels better soon!

Bella's Mom
04-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh no! Poor baby! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming her way! Keep us posted.

Red Haired Girl
04-12-2006, 05:23 PM
No broken bones just a bad sprian. She is on Metacam for a few days and I'm to keep her from jumping and all the other things she likes to do. I stopped on the way home with her and had her nails trimmed. She is sooooo happy to be home and I'm sooooo happy to have her here.

Mitch missed her terribly. Grandma said he just moped around all day long. When we got home Grandma had taken Mitch for a walk. When they got back, Low-la heard them and went to the fence and barked - Mitch just cried and screamed he was so happy to see her. They were kissing through the fence until Grandma got the gate open then they were all over :hug99: each other. It was so sweet. I told DH that they loved :hearts: one another, now he knows for certain.
Thank you all for the prayers and rays. They worked!

Lisa
04-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I have been so worried, thank you for the update!! I am happy that it's not broken, but it still sucks that she has a sprain and needs to take it easy.

Very cool how Mitch reacted! He :hearts: his sister...so sweet! Lots more rayz coming Low-la's way. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Patt
04-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear no broken bones.:cheer2: I would have loved to have seen that joyful reunion between Low-la and Mitch. :hearts: :hearts:

More healing :rayz: on the way :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Nancy
04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
AWESOME update!!!! Glad to hear she is home and on her way to a smooth recovery!

JanUet
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Happy to read that Brudder and Sister hae been happily re-united :hug99:
Nice to know for sure that they :love5: one another too! :hearts:

:thankyou: for the Wonderful update :snoopy:

oceangirls
04-12-2006, 06:39 PM
that's wonderful!!:cheer2:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Great update Tracy.

Alex's Mom
04-13-2006, 07:42 AM
SO glad that it all worked out OK, and that everyone is back home safe and sound!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: All these dachsies doing things to themselves...must be the full moon!!

Jen
04-13-2006, 09:09 AM
A wonderful update!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for keeping Low-la calm so she can heal!! Glad she and Mitch are reunited!