PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sheep!

lotsadox
09-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Darby has been very bad lately about not wanting to go where I tell him. I'm not sure what's up with that, but he doesn't want to go in his crate in the mornings. I've been putting them outside for a while first thing because I had *someone* peeing/pooing on the floor. Darby will not go outside when I tell him and just ignores me or stands there and looks at me like "I don't think so":curse:

This morning, I was carrying Blue and trying to get Darby outside when Blue JUMPED OUT OF MY ARMS and landed on the garage floor! I'm so upset. He seems okay now, but I'm worried he's hurt his back. He's already had back surgery once. I was almost in tears and I'd only been up for 10 minutes. I have put him on Boswellia for inflammation and I'm hoping that helps. I'm just so upset about it and so mad at both of them. I was already kind of ticked at Darby and had started yesterday working on some obedience training on "come". I'm just hoping Blue is okay.:crossfin:

Alex's Mom
09-15-2018, 11:51 AM
They're more resilient then we give them credit for. But still so upsetting!! I'm guessing that he's reacting to the loss of his brother...the shift in pack dynamic can show itself in weird ways!!! And I bet you getting so upset is also part of grieving. Sending you a :bighug: and a whole bunch of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Blue just in case.

oceangirls
09-15-2018, 11:56 AM
Do Darby and Blue get along well? Which one seems to be more alpha?

Sending rayz for the back ~~~. I've had a dachshund or two jump out of my arms :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Lisa
09-15-2018, 04:33 PM
Oh crap! We have BTDT. It is super scary. Lots of rayz he is okay. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

lotsadox
09-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Just to update everyone. I texted with Dr. Cooper and I have Blue on Boswellia twice a day and I'm doing altenating hot and cold packs on his back 3 times a day (what fun :conf4:). He wasn't too good about the first one. I just finished the second and he was somewhat better. After doing warm packs on Darby's eye, this is nothing.

alfina
09-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Accidents happen. Don't beat yourself up. We can't protect them from themselves. :hug99:

lotsadox
09-16-2018, 11:41 AM
That's always one of the hard parts for me, Olga. I think "I should have . . ." and "Why didn't I . . ." It does no good and only makes you feel bad. They're doxies and they're gonna do what they're gonna do despite us. I just have to keep my mind from going there.

Lisa
09-16-2018, 12:10 PM
How is he feeling today?

lotsadox
09-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Blue seems to be fine. Mostly he looks at me like "Why the heck are you putting this hot and cold stuff on my back?" :scratch: I'm going to keep up the alternating hot and cold packs for another week or so and keep up the Boswellia for a while longer. So far, so good.

lotsadox
09-25-2018, 10:35 AM
I think we're out of the woods on this one. Blue seems to be fine. Phew! I was so worried there for a while, but he seems to be okay.

oceangirls
09-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Oh, great!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Alex's Mom
09-25-2018, 08:06 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: