PDA

View Full Version : Need Sam rayz UPDATE

Mama S.
04-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Monday(on his 14th bday) Sam was diagnosed with severe kidney infection, kidney failure and high blood sugar. 2 days of iv fluids got his sugars down, kidneys flushed and got the nausea gone and had him eating.
Need those rayz folks - Sam is back at Doc. Carroll's. Refusing to eat throwing up. Can't even keep his anti nausea meds down :( He was doing sooooo good, we switched him Saturday to the renal diet and all hell broke loose. All he does is sleep and shake. April is not the time Sam - fight buddy.

My man keeps going. His will is strong - he gets to eat whatever he wants in small portions - he snuggles so close each night - he barks at anyone ho walks past without loving him! Doc C was honest - I could have a week a month or with luck a year but eventually I will lose him - so I take each day with lots of hugs and don't think about tomorrow.

Lisa
04-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Oh no! I thought he was out of the woods :( Sending all the rayz to your little SamWise. Keep us posted on the Hobbit. :crossfin::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::crossfin:

alfina
04-23-2019, 07:28 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
04-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Sending lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Sam and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you

Mama S.
04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Doc wants to flush him every day this week. We just can't get ahead of the infection/toxin in his bloodstream. I was going to let him go this morning but he turned around, strutted across the parking lot and peed on a tree. Our beloved tech Jamie decided it wasn't his time yet and so we will keep trying.
Since you can't do dialysis on a dog, they run a full bag of iv fluids. He is peeing like a champ so kidneys are still working just not well enough.

Alex's Mom
04-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Don't know how I missed all this, Mama! I'm so sorry :bighug: I went through this with Jules and it's so hard. Then they do that rally thing and you're so grateful for another day. :love98: Sending you a ton of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:.

jillfinch
04-25-2019, 12:03 AM
Last Monday(on his 14th bday) Sam was diagnosed with severe kidney infection, kidney failure and high blood sugar. 2 days of iv fluids got his sugars down, kidneys flushed and got the nausea gone and had him eating.
Need those rayz folks - Sam is back at Doc. Carroll's. Refusing to eat throwing up. Can't even keep his anti nausea meds down :( He was doing sooooo good, we switched him Saturday to the renal diet and all hell broke loose. All he does is sleep and shake. April is not the time Sam - fight buddy.

So very sorry to hear your baby isn’t well. Sending love from NZ [emoji3531][emoji252][emoji252]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mama S.
04-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Last night he ate his very first full meal in 12 days :( He had a grilled cheese sammich! Goddess Jamie says to feed him whatever he will eat. No butter, low fat cheese and whole wheat bread. He took about an hour to eat the whole thing but he enjoyed it!
This am he barked at Papa Jamie, gave me kisses, wagged his tail, loved me! Today he is getting more fluids and Jamie is going to chop off his toes - he probably won't give her kisses! He has lost so much weight - is still wobbly but he still tries. Love my boy.

lotsadox
04-25-2019, 12:27 PM
Eating is good! Sending lots more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
04-25-2019, 03:58 PM
He can take as long as he needs. Enjoy Sweet Sam!! More rayz. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Mama S.
04-26-2019, 09:36 AM
winner winner chicken dinner! He ate and kept down TWO WHOLE MEALS!!!!! :cheer3::cheer3: Granted they are a quarter cup and he takes 30 minutes to eat them but a win is a win!

He is at Doc C's for last bag of fluids (HOPEFULLY) we will then do maintenance bags - once a month.

Alex's Mom
04-27-2019, 06:28 AM
All good! Throwing a ton more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: your way!

lotsadox
04-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Take your victories where you can. Go Sam! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: