PDA

View Full Version : That dog is going to be the death of me!!!

Alex's Mom
04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Just got back from the vet...was in the bathroom, thinking Alex was asleep in bed, when I hear a great crashing and banging down the stairs. (I'm living in my friend's basement until the house closes next week). I have a gate across the bottom of the stairs so that Alex can't indulge in any unauthorized stairage (her back end ain't great cuz of the bone spurs on her hips and vertebrae). The little dickens managed to get it shifted enough for her to get through and start climbing!!! However, because her back legs don't always know where they're meant to be, she got about 3/4s of the way up, slipped, and fell down them, landing in a heap at the bottom. Talk about heart in mouth! Fortunately, Laura (my vet) had time to see her, and only lives about 3 minutes from here. So rushed her over, and the end result wasn't too bad...she's got a swollen back left hip, a mildly sprained right front "wrist" and a pretty bruised right side. Unfortunately, because of her liver/gall bladder issues, plus the 8 other medications she's on, I can't give her any pain meds, just icing and lots of lovin's. She's doing fine, but a bit subdued and NOW she's asleep in bed. *whew* It could have been SO much worse!!!!!

Mama S.
04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
AArrggg don't know whether to smack em or kiss em!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that she gets better fast!! Big hugs for a shaken up Mama!!
Sandi

Lisa
04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh NO, Miss Alex...what are you doing girly??? Paula, you must have been terrified. Lots of rayz for Alex :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: please let us know how she does. I guess she will be stiff tomorrow.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you too.

Nancy
04-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey Alex, mom's got enough going on right now!!!

Here's some healing/stay out of trouble :bigrayz: 's for you!

Linus
04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
:holyshp: Deep breath mom.... I know you must have been terrified!!! I think the both of you should curl up in front of the TV and take it easy! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: headed her way!

Red Haired Girl
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Aw the poor sweetie. Here are some :bigrayz::bigrayz: :bigrayz: : for her:bigrayz:

areese
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
O gosh you must have been scared to death. I'm so glad she's pretty much ok...poor baby....:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you both!

Jen
04-13-2006, 10:07 AM
:shocked: :shocked: Naughty Alex!! Giving mom such a scare. Glad she's ok, if a little banged up. Can't stop a stubborn girl I guess!

Frzframe
04-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I have also learned recently that doxie girls are sometime unstopable. Ruby who isn't supposed to do much walking was feeling much better (which I didn't know at the time) and decided to come down a flight of stairs. :faint:

Here are some feel better :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s for Miz. Alex and :hug99: for you.