PDA

View Full Version : Cami's (Spay) Surgery!

catstamm
04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Well here I sit ....waiting...the surgeon that did the spay called at 3:45. Said, things went well but, they want to keep her overnite for observation :confused: ...since I wasn't expecting that of course I immediatly forget his opening words. I asked what was best for her and was he SURE everything went OK? :pray: ...."It's best for her to stay".
He also said her Nuerosurgeon would be calling me to "Explain the subtlties they saw in the x rays" What????:pout: :conf4: What does that mean? What is a subtlty? Is a Subtlty good or bad? ...You people are killing me! I'm still waiting to find out what a subtlity is and I'm praying :pray: no news is good news..... Grouchy mama Jen keep looking in the bed for the CamCam :sosad:

areese
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Waiting SUCKS! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you both!

K2
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I know it's hard to wait! Sending you and Cami :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: and :hug99: :hug99:

Lisa
04-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh Cathleen, I am sure the stress of waiting is driving you crazy. It is not uncommon to have a surgery that late in the day and then keep them overnight. I am not sure what subtlties they saw in the x rays means!!! I think because Cami is a special case, they are taking extra precaution, which is good.

Lots of rayz for her :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: PLEASE :please: post tomorrow when you find out the details.

Red Haired Girl
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Lots of:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and Camie.

JanUet
04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I agree with Lisa. Most surgerys that are performed late in the afternoon warrant an overnight stay. I had the option with Casey to have him snipped in the morning or afternoon. Some with Sophie and her dental/dew claw removal. Being advised that an afternoon surgery would have him/her staying overnight for observation. This is true for all surgerys done at my Vet office.

Please keep us posted! Especailly about the subtlties.

Sending you a :bighug: I know waiting is the hardest part :hug99:

samandissy
04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
:pray: :
Thank you for the update. Eat something and try to relax Bless you and Cami... Susie

jenfer
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: :pray: :pray: for your baby.

Goob
04-12-2006, 11:35 PM
There's nothing worse than the waiting and not knowing. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Keep us posted. :pray: :pray: :pray:

catstamm
04-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Nuerologist called....spay went great:banana: ...they wanted to keep her because she is so tiny and it would be best to monitor there.:hearts: ... They got some excellent xrays while she was under anesthesia. Looking down on her spine it is very straight (excellent) Most of her spinal column is pretty open... the narrowing she has is at the T-13 and L1 junction, which is the area in front of the hump. If the narrowing doesn't get any smaller up to age 1-2....she could possibly be fine living the way she is (a happy spunky ball of energy) :woohoo: I'm gonna think positive...2 yrs is a long way away and worrying won't change anything..... At this point some kind of trama would be her worst enemy (but I won't put her in a glass bubble...she's a puppy and I want her to be able to be a puppy).... a myleogram will show more when she is 1 yr old..... If it did come to surgery they would have to drill the bottom of the spinal cord off below T-13 (or something like that :scratch:) which is very difficult and doesn't always work.
So here is where I'm at with this... We will live everyday to it's fullest and jump the hurdles when we get there, not before.
Life is good:banana: ...Cami is a miracle:angel7: ....and I am tired:shocked:
All the love and support you all give is priceless
Damn she would be great in the wienerdog races if she could only run in a straight line...or as my one friend says "if she had brakes":rotfl: :rotfl:

Yolanda
04-13-2006, 06:28 AM
So here is where I'm at with this... We will live everyday to it's fullest and jump the hurdles when we get there, not before.

I think that this is marvelous news for Cami.

I really like your comment about letting her live her life to the fullest. She is adorable and I am in :hearts: :hearts: with her. Please keep all of us posted on her antics and I am sure there will be many.

Alex's Mom
04-13-2006, 07:30 AM
:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: Cami!!! Such good news, Cat! Your little :angel7: was surely sent to remind us all of the importance of living every day to its fullest...she sure is showing us how!! Lots of :hearts: :hearts: to both of you. Let us know how she does when she gets home! (I thought it was funny in a real touching kind of way how Jen missed her...)

Jen
04-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Great news about Cami. I agree, we must enjoy one day at a time with our furbabies--and our fellow humans--its a good policy. Quality of life vs lifespan--I opt for quality. Anyway, glad all went well and you can pick her up this morning. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a quick recovery!

areese
04-13-2006, 09:23 AM
That's awesome news!
And I agree about not keeping her in a "bubble". I would think the stronger her muscles are, the better chance she has of not injuring her back... Getting the rear end stronger like they suggested will be good but either way...like you said, she deserves to be a puppy and play.:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for quick healing

Frzframe
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Great news! I'm so glad everything went well and that they were able to get some good x-rays. I bet she's gonna be one happy Cami when you go pick her up and get her home. :cheer2:

catstamm
04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Cami's home....ahhhh check out this picture... a side view of cami's spine:shocked: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/cami_spine.jpg
She cryed and cryed when I picked her up....on a 6 lb pupper that incission is huge!!!! And she looks like a little satilitte dish with the soft collar on. The smallest one they had and she steps on it when she walks.... ....I sure do LOVE this little angel

Lisa
04-13-2006, 07:26 PM
What an amazing little girl she is! That is some picture WOW! I am so happy she is with you and in your care.

Day-by-day is the BEST way! Cami is truly a miracle

Patt
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
:holyshp: that's quite an x-ray.:shocked: :shocked:
Thanks for the update, you are the best mom ever. ITA One day at a time to the fullest! :appl:
Sending :hearts:healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Cami and lots of :hug99: :hug99: to you.

Mama S.
04-13-2006, 08:55 PM
kisses kisses to Cami and Mommy!!! Whenever my guys have had surgery they stayed overnight also - better to sway on the cautious side so it was for the best even if you didn't get much sleep! I amsoo glad she is home and happy!!
Sandi

Alex's Mom
04-13-2006, 09:21 PM
So glad to hear that our little Cami's home!!! I cried when I read about her crying in your arms...she's a special :angel7:, and so, of course, are you! Many many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for her continued improvement. and a :bighug: to you for all that you do. You're really somthin', girl, and I'm proud to know you!

catstamm
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Proud to know you too, Paula:hearts: ...now don't make me cry, I'm trying to get back to normal...did I say normal:rotfl:
When I picked her up the staff said they were in love with her and two of them wanted to take her home if she was available for adoption :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Oh she's a special needs baby and has to stay with me.....but, I have other babies you can adopt :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Cami is our official Rescue Poster Child :banana: She'll have to stay with me to remind me everyday WHY I rescue :hug99:

samandissy
04-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Cathleen, I bet you are exhausted. How are the girls acting toward Cami with that strange thing on her neck and the different smells from the clinic? I'm so glad this part is over. She has so many people sending prayers and wishes her way, she had no choice but to get better. Susie, Sam and Issy:woohoo: :yay: :weee: :cheer: :party2: :toot: :happy2: :happy7: :happy4: :muchlove: :bighug:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Glad she is doing great.

oceangirls
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh, I'm so glad things went well! :woohoo: She is a tough little girl and you are a terrific Mom! (and so is Jen :D ).

lotsadox
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm so glad that everything went well. With your good attitude and all the :pray: :pray: :pray: and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: from DLC, I'm sure that Cami will do great!