PDA

View Full Version : saw this story today...

areese
04-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks goodness for dog-lovers...

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060413/NEWS01/604130366/1007

Nancy
04-13-2006, 08:49 AM
WOW!! Such a bitter sweet story!

Jen
04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow, what a story. How nice that Cocoa will help educate people about the dangers of drinking and driving that took the life of her first owner--and nearly cost the puppy her own life. A positive from a negative for sure!

Jacqueline
04-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, what a story. How nice that Cocoa will help educate people about the dangers of drinking and driving that took the life of her first owner--and nearly cost the puppy her own life. A positive from a negative for sure!

I'm glad that the owner at least had enough senses left to tell them the dog was with him. Too bad that MAAD doesn't step up to help with the vet bill. This would be a good cause for them.

Patt
04-13-2006, 12:20 PM
That's quite a story I'm glad it had a happy ending. :)

Laurie' s Dachshunds
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
WoW! Another reason people shouldn' t drink and drive!

Chris
04-14-2006, 11:31 AM
That officer is a wonderful man!

Accidents are not kind to pets, even if they don't get hurt.

I was driving once with Al in the car. Someone hit me pretty hard in the rear so badly that the bucket seat broke and i ended up in the backseat. Luckily, miracle of miracles Al did not get hurt. He was completely fine. Anyway, the paramedics came and expected me to leave the car AND my dog in the almost 100 degree heat. (and acted like leaving Al was "no big deal.") I told them there was no chance even if i was bleeding out, that I would just leave my dog in a smashed up car on the side of the road. I told them I would not leave until my husband (boyfriend at the time) got there to come get Alex and take him home. Now, there are many EMTs that are wonderful, caring people. When my husband needed their services, the EMTs that were on the job were awesome and I credit their actions/care with the positive outcome of his recovery and living through it. However, the ones that showed up for me were NOT anything like those EMTs. They tried to intimidate me about Al. (i was in no danger of dying from my injuries, btw, so it wasn't like life and death).

Anyways, DH showed up and took Alex, and we called and other EMTs came later to take me in the ambulance.

Sorry for the hijack!!!

Chris

LUVMYGUNNER
04-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Doesn't sound like the pup was in a harness with a seatbelt around him.