PDA

View Full Version : About DARN time

quavec
04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, Cricket has had only one dental exam done (full fledge put under type thing) and that was about two years ago. About 6 months ago, Cricket's breath got really rank again. So, I scheduled an appt. Well, our vet (the only one I trust, really) had to cancel one, we rescheduled, and then we had to cancel. SO, finally, he is scheduled again - for tomorrow. I told him to give him the 'works' while he is there. He's already had blood work done (from his neuter) but they asked if I wanted it drawn again since it was a few years ago. What do you think? Is it necessary? They are also gonna bathe and trim his nails.

He will be dropped off tomorrow morning around 8:30 and picked up around 5:30.

I will be off tomorrow and Monday and don't have internet access so I will be out of pocket all weekend. Please send some preventative :bigrayz: :bigrayz: my little 'big' guys way.

Rae
04-13-2006, 09:48 AM
I vote for the bloodwork. and :hug99: for you and Cricket that all goes well.

areese
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I'd prob. have the bloodwork done since it's been a few years....
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and Cricket!

Alex's Mom
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
If it's been a couple of years since his last bloodwork, I'd get it done again too. It never hurts, and sometimes you can pick things up early before they become real problems. Lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz: for Cricket to sail through it all no problem!

Jen
04-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd go with the bloodwork too--best to be safe. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Cricket--we'll be waiting for the update on Tuesday!

oceangirls
04-15-2006, 07:03 PM
ITA, think it is worth it to get repeat labs! Sending tooth rayz :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Patt
04-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I believe blood work should be done once a year. Sending many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Cricket.

K2
04-15-2006, 07:21 PM
How did I miss this??? Hope everything went well for Cricket. And sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :hug99: :hug99: your way. I would have gone with the bloodwork, too!

quavec
04-18-2006, 09:24 AM
He is:

Cavity free and still has all his teefies
disease (knock on wood) free - blood work came back fine
and he is now MICRO CHIPPED!!!!!:cheer2:

He was so funny and groggy. I've got pics. Will post once I get caught up on posts and work.

Patt
04-18-2006, 10:25 AM
:woohoo: WTG Cricket. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lisa
04-18-2006, 10:29 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks for the update!! Glad everything went well!!