PDA

View Full Version : The rollercoaster ride named Ruby

Frzframe
04-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I know you guys are sick of hearing about Miz Ruby Roo (just as I'm sick of having to post it). But I'm gonna post it any way. She went to her second chiropractor visit today. Tuesday and Wednesday she was doing so good, even trying to stand on her hind legs for me to pick her up (which I put a stop to right away). She's been wanting out of her kennel and barking along with the other dogs, growling at the other dogs when she thinks they are bothering her which she hasn't done in weeks. This morning she wanted out of her kennel to go potty, she did great but then 30 mins she was back to not wanting to come out of her kennel just like before! :(

At the vet she pasted the toe test on the left side but she couldn't feel her toes on the right side at all. So we've gone forward on the left side but a big back slide on the right. :confused: The vet suggest water therapy but I'm not sure if I should do this yet. She's been on meds for three weeks with a little more the five weeks to go. :pout:

I just want her to like this again --->:dogwalk:

Jen
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh Shonda, we need to keep up to date on Ruby, even if it not always good news, we're always here for you! :hug99:

One step forward two back eh? I know how hard it is to want to make her well, but time and the meds and Dr visits should help. Waiting is just so hard.

Water therapy sounds good to me if the docs approve. Not fun to do but very beneficial from what others have said!

quavec
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
We never get tired of hearing Ruby posts. Just sad that they are about her not getting better. Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and big hugs to you :hug99:

Lisa
04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
I agree, we don't tire of Ruby posts, I just wish she was better because I know she is taking a toll on you emotionally and that makes me really sad. If the vet suggests water therapy I would take the advice. Lots more rayz coming Ruby Roo's way! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
04-13-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not tired of hearing about Ruby at all. I just wish it could all be good news! Sending her some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and you some :hug99:

Alex's Mom
04-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Never can hear too much about RubyRoo! Just wish it was all good, for both your sakes!!! I know from my own experience how important it is to keep them quiet when they've had back problems...the problem of course, as you well know, is actually convincing them that it's necessary!!!! :) Maybe she's overdone it a bit? Especially if she's jumping up on her back legs etc... I might wait a few days for the water therapy to see how she's doing, but that's just me. I'm a real chicken where backs are concerned (after 10 years of dealing with them with Maxe...poor old Alex has a lot of things wrong with her, but fortunately discs aren't one of them! LOL) :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that she continues to improve, and :hug99: for you. We're here anytime you need to talk!!!

Frzframe
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
So yesterday we we're on a down slide but it seems today we maybe on an up swing. I so want to be rounding the bend and slowing down to a stop on this Ruby ride.

She so wanted out of her kennel today and was walking really well. In fact she fussed a little when it was time for her to go back in the kennel. :)

oceangirls
04-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I totally agree, we want to hear about her - just sad it is not good news all the time. We will send rayz anytime you need them! :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
04-15-2006, 09:12 PM
ITA, ITA, we do want to hear about Miss Ruby Roo even when it isn't good news. I hope she starts doing better. The water therapy could help her a lot. I've had great luck with it with both of mine that had back problems. I started as soon as the vet said that I could. :banana:

Goob
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: For Ruby. I never get tired of hearing about your sweetie. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Patt
04-22-2006, 03:31 AM
How is Ruby Roo? I hope she is doing a wee bit better. Here's more feel good :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the little girl. :hearts:

Mama S.
04-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Sending tons and tons of magical Georgia :bigrayz: for the sweet Miss R!
Sandi

Frzframe
04-22-2006, 11:26 AM
She is using both back legs really well. She is walking almost normal. :cheer2: She is still grunting when I pick her up so I know she's in a little bit of pain still.

Thanks for asking. :)

Rafi
04-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Please keep the updates coming, we dont mind them at all....and here are more healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigr ayz::bigrayz:.