View Full Version : Snowstorm in the Northeast

goldbergdsp
12-09-2005, 08:38 PM
I Just finished snowblowing a spot in the backyard for Remy to do his business. We had about 8 inches of snow. This is the first real snow storm that Remy has seen, and he doesnt know exactly what to make of it. He waits for me to wal through the tall snow & then he will follow the path that I made with my feet. How do everyone else doxies react to the snow?

Lisa
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
No path - no snow! They never go out unless we shovel first. So of course, at 5:00 this morning there I was shovelling my backyard! The really funny part of that was I didn't do the front until 10:00 a.m. because I went back to bed....so the puppies got priority over the pedestrians.

Fluffy
12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Heidi does nto do snow unless its shoveled...Buddy on the other hand, the deeper the better!! When we went out for walkies this morning, He jumped down off the porch and disappeared into 8inches of fluffy white heaven!! I was laughing so hard I dropped the camera in the snow!! I called to him adn all I saw was black nose sticking up out. Then he decided to take off "running" but its more like prancing...across the yard to attack something (there was nothing there). It was a riot!! I gota new camera (they're disposable and it got too wet to work) so I will get more pics tomorrow :)

goldbergdsp
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Same here, this is the first dog I have had so I cleared out a big spot & while I am doing it, I am thinking to myself wow Remy is more important that my driveway. good thing I have 4 x 4 and i can just drive right through the snow.

Patt
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I have no idea what Trixie would do in the snow all we have is sunshine. :)

LUVMYGUNNER
12-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I just got cold thinking of all that snow--its beautiful, but I wouldn't want to live in it.

Goob
12-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I would LOVE to see my two in snow!

Rob we love pictures here on the DLC.... *hint* *hint*

Jen
12-10-2005, 12:21 PM
On Tasha's favorite potty block, they only shoveled 1/2 the sidewalk. Which she loves as she does a weird hunchy walk on the snow covered side (loves sniffing, hates cold paws, won't wear boots) and then does her business there. :potty1:

K2
12-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Pippit is from Tennessee and it took him months last winter to get used to the snow(he still doesn't like it) Well, I usually shovel a spot for him. Today, we went to see his grandparents and my dad snowblowed a path around the house. For who you ask???? Well, for Pippit of course!!! Pippit LOVED it!!

mayhew
12-11-2005, 12:22 AM
mine poops and pees under the picnic table in the snow :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bella's Mom
12-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Bella has done very well in the snow so far. We still have about 6 inches on the ground but like some of the others....I too had to shovel the little Diva a path and potty area. The nice thing about the snow and cold is that Bella wastes no time. She is intent on getting her business completed as quickly as possible so the mutter can pick her precious butt up and get her back into the house pronto like! :D That's my girl!

LUVMYGUNNER
12-11-2005, 02:07 AM
You guys talking about snow makes me shiver. I liked it when I was young but not anymore.

isobelsmom
12-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I have a covered patio and all but Isobel go there. She LOVES the snow...silly little wiener. I have a small patio set still out (two chairs and a table) and Noah sits on the padded chair till I "rescue" him. Sara Butters runs out, does her business :potty1: all in a cranky frame of mind, and runs back. She looks at me, like L J, too, as if I planned this white stuff. Oh, if only I had the power they think I have.....I would make it go away and only show up for Christams. :snowfight

LUVMYGUNNER
12-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I love the snow around the holidays--Thanksgiving and X-mas but that is it---to spoiled by the Az weather. No smog, tornatoes, hurricanes, earthquakes--life can't get any better.

lotsadox
12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
The really funny part of that was I didn't do the front until 10:00 a.m. because I went back to bed....so the puppies got priority over the pedestrians.

Well, of course. Puppers are more important than a few measley pedestrians! :rotfl: :rotfl: I really don't have anything to say on this topic. No snow in Houston. Well, we did have snow last Christamas Eve. We got about 1/2 an inch and that was it! That's all the snow we get in Houston and that's only about once every 20 years. Cash was the only one of my dogs that would even come out in it! :D

Chapo's Mom
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
SNOW?!?! Ugh! I thought I was gonna like it when we went to UT for 2 years. I liked it initially, then when I had to 'bundle up' (when your born and raised in AZ (or TX, FL, etc.) anything that requires more than jeans and sweatshirt is bundling up.) Turtle neck, sweater, jeans, socks, boots, coat.....forget it. I'm still wearing sandals here! It's 50*F outside, I have on jammie bottoms and a t-shirt just to do a little yard work. Y'all should think about moving here. It gets a little hot in the summer (2-3 months of 100+ but thats until the monsoons start). You might need an oven mit to open your car door, but you get used to it! Hey, we have very little in the natural disaster, stuff too.

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 04:34 PM
the girls are not familiar with this thing you call "snow." :confused: Being native Floridians, they have never seen it. When we lived in Missouri, my Tristan was paper-trained so he did not have to tunnel through it. Amber (the cocker) loved snow, though - she happened to have a very thick coat so the cold did not bother her at all.:frostyh:

My choice would be to have snow at Christmas, and that's all, thank you very much. :D

Puppen
12-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I've never lived anywhere other than Colorado so, snow..*pish* I'm used to it. 43*F today and running around in Tee and sweater pants helping with Christmas lights...FINALLY DONE!!! Pics Tonight!