PDA

View Full Version : Laika's Agility results

areese
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
I am happy to say that our first agility trial since JANUARY was a great success and wonderful time. The facility where it was held is AWESOME. Great padded rubber flooring and it's HUGE so there is plenty of room to crate and sit where you can see the ring. The courses were really great too. Challenging but fun.
Laika was really really really great. She ran well on Saturday although we missed our Standard Q cuz she kept popping out of the weavepoles. She's an excellent weaver in general and used to doing 12 (these were 6) so I'm not sure what the problem was...I think they were 2 inches wider than what we are used to so maybe that was it.. But ANYWAY Her first run was Jackpot (gamble) and she Q'd (qualified) and got first!!!!! She had good fast Jumpers and Colors runs. There are all these very cool game runs in CPE agility but they are so hard to explain... and I don't want to bore people cuz I could go on endlessly about agility (if you haven't noticed :)) but if anyone is interested they are on these sites:
http://www.k9cpe.com/index.htm
http://www.k9cpe.com/forms/CPEflyer2006.pdf
I love CPE...I love the games and the strategies and how you can make your own course in a lot of the games so you gotta think....it's really fun. And they have the traditional runs too (standard and jumpers)
ANYWAY...Laika was SO amazing on Sunday I wanted to carry her around for people to admire and worship:rotfl: She has NEVER run that fast in a trial before...well...she did ONCE when she was chasing a manure truck at the State Fair but we won't mention that...
Her fullhouse run was so fast I had to keep accelerating to keep up with her until I was running close to as fast as I could. We got 35 points (needed 23 to qualify) Her standard run on Sunday was under time even though we had to redo weaves. Her Wildcard run was 6 seconds UNDER time and believe me, they don't set course times with wienerdogs in mind!
Gosh I am just SO proud of her.... We got 6 "Q's" out of 8 runs and also placed in all those runs (three firsts, two seconds and a third) Finished our CL4-H title and got our first level 5 Q's. Level 5 is the LAST LEVEL!
I wish I knew what finally made her decide to run fast. I'm thinking it's Owen...since I've started with him she's jealous and shows off. Either that or left-over Applebee's steak she had sunday for her treats...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/LaikasApril06Qs.jpg

Alex's Mom
04-17-2006, 10:15 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Laika girl!!!! Dachsies rule! That's such a great pic of her with her ribbons...a bit of a smug "I guess I showed them longlegs a thing or two!" look, I'd say!! We're very proud of both of you! (And Owen of course!) :appl:

Jen
04-17-2006, 10:21 AM
:woohoo: Laika!! Well done--you've earned that proud expession!

jenfer
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Awesome! Looks like me and Gigi has a long way to go. haha. :rotfl:

:congrats: again. :appl: :cheer2: :banana: :hula1:

lotsadox
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
:wow2: Way to go, Laika! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Frzframe
04-17-2006, 12:34 PM
That is so awsome!! Way to go Laika!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :appl: :appl:

LUVMYGUNNER
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
:appl: Way to go Laika-good job.:appl:

Romandachs
04-17-2006, 03:11 PM
WOW, Look at those RIBBONS!! Laika is obviously saying, TOUCH THEM AND LOOSE A HAND!! :rofl:
HUGE CONGRATS To You and Laika :cheer2: