View Full Version : Picky eater--Miss Tasha says YUK to beef medallions UPDATE

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
:scratch: :scratch: Tasha LOVES the chicken medallions, gone in a few bites.

But the beef ones, nope, sniffs, picks at them, takes a bit out of the bowl and drops it on the rug and mouths it (making a huge mess) will only eat it when topped with yogurt or tripe....There's something IN IT she's trying to pick out, but I'm not sure what.

So tonight we're getting more chicken ones. Is it ok to stick with one kind of meat? She is getting Evo kibble for breakfast and that turkey as well as chicken.

Jill
04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Reese didn't care for the beef either. Bailey loves it. Does the brand your buying make a turkey? I don't think it's a problem to keep on one thing.

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Nope, just beef or chicken. And she does get some beef protein from the flossies...I think.

Jill
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I wonder if you could try mixing it with a chicken one? 1 chick and 1 beef?

But that being said, since she's on the kibble, I really don't see why just having chicken could be an issue.

JanUet
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
My 2 :love5: the chicken/turkey medallions. We do buy the beef ones too and they are okay with it.
They don't like the Venison but Lisa says Pixel and Pogo :love5: the Venison.

I give Casey and Sophie more of the chicken than the beef. I have mixed them together -- no problem.

I don't give them the medallions whole. I mush them up and add a little pumplin or NO FAT cottage cheese and some veggies.

They both get one in the morning. Casey gets 2 in the evening and Sophie gets one.

I will then try and introduce the RAW chicken again to them in a few days.
I'm afraid of Sophie's tummy issues and loose stools.
Casey has NO problem with the RAW chicken.

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I thought about mixing the two meats but there's clearly something in there she's trying to pick out! She left bits of it on the rug. No idea what though...

jenfer
04-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Gigi had the chicken/turkey, organic chicken and i still have a whole lot of the beef one in the freezer. She likes it just that she was sick so I stopped giving it to her and now that she is ok with ID, I don't know what to do with it. I could actually give it to her for dinner?? hmm.... she threw up yesterday again. arg.

Michelle
04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Heidi and Princess love the Beef, Chicken/Turkey,
but Heidi was not and I repeat NOT crazy about the Lamb NV medallions when I first brought them home. Princess ate hers up no problem, but Heidi was not liking it, being the pig that she is, she did eventually eat it, and still kind of sniffs at it everytime I give it, so weird....

I ended up buying 2, 3lbs bags of the Lamb, now, I think I will stick to Beef and Chicken.

Jen
04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
We bought more chicken last night and she ate it without hesitation! So it will be chicken from now on.

I did see that they had newer stock of the brand I use--and some packages were $8.99 (the older ones) and the new ones were $15.99--for the same size! So I'm going to order a bag of freeze dried NV, both for vacation, and so try them as a backup if the frozen ones get too pricey. DH is already complaining about the expense (kibble IS cheaper).

Jill
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
We bought more chicken last night and she ate it without hesitation! So it will be chicken from now on.

I did see that they had newer stock of the brand I use--and some packages were $8.99 (the older ones) and the new ones were $15.99--for the same size! So I'm going to order a bag of freeze dried NV, both for vacation, and so try them as a backup if the frozen ones get too pricey. DH is already complaining about the expense (kibble IS cheaper).

Where are you ordering them from?

Jen
04-18-2006, 10:40 AM
SitStay is pretty cheap at $21 or $22 per bag. And on Tuesdays if you type GOODDOG for the coupon code there's a 5-10% discount.

Does anyone know of a cheaper place?