PDA

View Full Version : Raw medallions and vacation

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:36 PM
We're going to Cape Cod for a week in early May and I'm wondering what to do about Tasha's food. She's having Evo in the morning, and chicken medallions for supper. I'd LOVE to give her raw drumsticks out in the yard...but doubt DH would go for it--plus if we didn't do it when we got home she might rebel.

So can I go back to all kibble for a week without it bothering her too much? I didn't introduce the medallions slowly, just started giving her one for supper each night, she's got a pretty strong gut.

Jill
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Nature's Variety has a version of freeze dried raw medallions. I know you said you had a hard time finding the NV medallions, but we have the freeze dried ones in the stores here, if you were interested I could pick some up and mail them to you.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/content.lasso?r=1240728&page=1334&-session=naturesvariety:42BD73CD0a2ea1E490mPu28E84F F

I think Lisa might have had some experience with these.

Ooo, Cape Cod huh!?!? You'll be close by! Where are you staying?

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
You're near the Cape?? We're staying in North Truro, driving in on the 6th. I'd LOVE to meet you, Bailey and Reese!!

Freeze dried is a great idea, I may try that!

Jill
04-17-2006, 01:49 PM
You're near the Cape?? We're staying in North Truro, driving in on the 6th. I'd LOVE to meet you, Bailey and Reese!!

Ok, I wouldn't say totally near the Cape, but it's the same state! :rotfl: I *think* you might be going right past us on your way to and from. When are you leaving?

Jill
04-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Actually I just did a quick check on mapquest and I think you'll probably end up coming/going a different way.

Jen
04-17-2006, 01:57 PM
We're going I-95 to I-195 to RT-25. Anywhere near you?

Lisa
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
The freeze dry is awesome! Just beware of sticker shock when you get to the counter $$$$$$$$$$$ but they are really fantastic, if they were the same price as the frozen I would probably feed that all the time.

Jen
04-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like $20-25 online. I haven't found them locally yet--people stock the treats but not the food. But if I have a 20% off coupon for Petfooddirect its not so bad.

Michelle
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I think if you opted to keep Tasha on the kibble for the vacation she would be fine,,,

Heidi and Princess still get kibble in the AM and raw in the PM, but during the 4 days that we had Doxie visitors in March, they are only on kibble and I did not want to rock the boat in the house, so I kept Heidi and Princess on their kibble for the 4 days and they do just fine.

Also on some days if my husband forgets to pick up their kibble or gets home before me and lets them out of their crate and they start munching on the kibble that he forgot to pick up, I will not feed them raw that night, and they do fine.

Heidi and Princess have also had the Solid Gold Buckaroo beef, freeze dried raw and they love it!!!, So if you can find some freeze dried buy it, then, test it out with Tasha before the trip to make sure she likes it, and that might work great too!!

K2
04-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay~I have no advice on the medallions........

But, we should try to get together along your way.....Jill, you and me and the pups. :)

Where are you staying? Did you find a pet friendly cottage or are you in a hotel/motel?

Jen
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Truro Cottage (http://www.cyberrentals.com/index.cfm/property/113971)

The cottage link is above, the owner is fine with Tasha being there. We'll drive up 95 from NYC, just under 6 hours for us, though I'm not familiar with the area.

Jill
04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Okay~I have no advice on the medallions........

But, we should try to get together along your way.....Jill, you and me and the pups. :)

Where are you staying? Did you find a pet friendly cottage or are you in a hotel/motel?

Totally!! The way you are going totally bypasses me. And you are staying all the way out on the tip practically. I'd probably be able to do something that was a little more falmouth area.

Jill
04-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Did you order these yet?

Where did you find them?

Jen
04-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I ordered them from SitStay. 48 medallions for $21. Medallions (http://www.sitstay.com/store/edibles/food2.shtml)

I need to try them with Tasha this weekend and make sure she'll eat them! I got the chicken and turkey so I think she'll like them!