PDA

View Full Version : What DID you do today, my naughty Tasha dog? UPDATE

Jen
04-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Just look what I came home to....barking, but she wasn't near the door...hmmm.

The round shag rug is flipped over and bunched up, the non-slip mat underneath was left alone--and the prized purple bobo can be seen at the front of the pic.

http://i3.tinypic.com/vr6eky.jpg

Go into the living room--my bed PILLOW is in the middle of the living room floor, sans case, sans dust mite protection cover.

http://i3.tinypic.com/vr6dnd.jpg

The evidence in the bedroom, scraps of the dust cover, the pillow case with several shreds...and the kong

http://i3.tinypic.com/vr6h3o.jpg

Ok, Miss T is not allowed on the bed unless I help her up. She jumped up on the bed, its HIGH, managed to get my pillow off of the bed (I'm sure I don't wanna know) removed the case, the cover, and dragged it to the living room. WHY?

DH was not happy. I said, well at least she didn't poop or pee in the bed!! And hey, its my pillow!

But, we think we know why. Our neighbor downstairs who Tasha loves came back from vacation today, and at first we suspected that Tasha heard her and was mad she couldn't go out. But why the bedroom then, and not the dining room near the door?

DH took her walkies and on the way home noticed scaffolding next door! Its just inches from our place. We suspect they were doing work on the outside of the building next door, and Tasha could hear and/or see the men and got scared. Hence the bed for comfort, destroyed the pillow (anger or fright) and was hiding UNDER the shag run in the dining room at some point. So DH doesn't work till 1 tomorrow so it they're out there and noisy we'll just close the door to the bedroom. And honestly, we were much more worried about her back and the jumping on and off the bed (and with my pillow too!) than the $10 or so of destruction.

areese
04-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I've come home to similar scenarios...actually not since we've gotten Owen though. I bet she was gonna bury the prized purple bobo under that rug so those scary evil workers on the scaffold couldn't get it! Under rugs is one of Laika's favorite places to hide a rawhide.

Michelle
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh Poor Tasha seems to have had a very frustrating day home alone,, You are right, at least she did not pee and poop on the bed, the minor destruction is nothing compared to cleaning up pee on your bed or mushy poops!!!

I bet those construction workers scared her half to death,, poor girl..... :hearts:

Linus
04-17-2006, 08:40 PM
OH NO! Glad it was only $10 worth of damage! I hope the construction workers aren't to blame or it could be awhile before poor Miss Tasha calms down!

Nancy
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Poor Tasha!! Glad to see on pillow and cover were the only victims!

K2
04-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Poor Tasha!! She needed someone to tell her it was going to be okay! :hearts: I hope tomorrow is better!

lotsadox
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Poor Tash! It's tough for them to be home alone when something like that is happening. Hope tomorrow is better. :pray:

jenfer
04-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe you should close the bed room door and just give her access to the living room and the hall way.

LUVMYGUNNER
04-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I would close the bedroom door so she doesn't jump on the bed and get hurt when you are gone.

Kerie
04-18-2006, 01:09 AM
AAw, silly girl! Maybe she let the pillow drop onto the floor and used it as a cushion for jumping off the bed. You never know! I wish we all had web cams back home while we are out!

Jen
04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
I know, I'm tempted to set up the video camera while we're gone.

Tasha loves to bask in the bedroom--it gets sun in the am, but for now we're closing the door--till the workmen are done next door!!

areese
04-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Good idea. I hope you don't come home to any surprises tonight :)

Mama S.
04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Poor Tasha baby. Ole bad workers scared our girl.. Here's plenty of soothing:bigrayz: that today is a better day!
Mama

Jen
04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Its the workmen!

DH is home this am and said while he was on the exercise bike in the bedroom, Tasha wasn't on the rug at the foot of the bed "guarding" him as usual, but instead was on the shag run in the living room--with her bobo for comfort. Poor kid, hope this project doesn't take too long.