PDA

View Full Version : Milk?

Puppen
12-10-2005, 01:54 AM
I give the Ladies milk, half milk half warm water. They love it and seem to not seem so hungy and snack craving all the time. :rotfl:

Patt
12-10-2005, 02:38 AM
I would be careful feeding milk as it is hard for some dogs and cats to properly break down the sugar (lactose) in milk. Some pets can tolerate it okay and others not at all and get a bad case of diarrhea. It appears your furkids may be able to handle the milk, although I would suggest you buy one of the special dog or cat milks on the market that have had the lactose removed. They have the same type of lactose free milk for people who cannot tolerate it. JMO

Loren
12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
and dairy in general is not needed or beneficial for dogs, other than yogurt or kefir which is good for creating "good" bacteria.

Lisa
12-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I have read about lactose not being great for dogs, but I still give mine cheese on occasion because they just adore it!

LUVMYGUNNER
12-11-2005, 01:27 AM
I would also watch the milk.

oceangirls
12-11-2005, 04:50 PM
You might try a little yogurt as previously suggested. I just give the girls plain and they love it.

I do give pills (monthly heartworm mainly) in a little cheese. :)

Mama S.
12-16-2005, 08:00 PM
I constantly have to tell DH to STOP letting them have the last of the milk frmo his cereal bowl. Maybe a :whack: will get through. My goobers fight over who sticks their head in his bowl.
Sandi