PDA

View Full Version : The Ohio Picnic- Roll Call and "Are you excited?" discussion

Anatresia
04-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Now that my room is booked and plans are starting to be laid in place, I'm getting really excited about the meetup.

I thought we'd do an official roll call. (My cruise bulletin board does this.)

I'm going, with my MOTHER, SISTER and....

MR. BUTTERS AND RIGBY.

YEp- the Wienerhausens will both (gulp) be present. Please don't come at Rigby too fast. And don't judge her by her bark-bark-barking. :)

And no one steal Mr. Butters!!! I know he's super sweet and all, but you really mustn't steal him! (Lisa) (Unless you want to trade Pixel...)

Lisa
04-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm going AND really excited.

Lisa, Rafi, Pogo & Pixel....our little family will be there. And I might just make a switch with you ;) Mr. B is very handsome, and sweet!

areese
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I really want to go and it's only about 4-5 hours away I think!!!!!!!!!!!!
What hotel are people staying at????????

Lisa
04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
We are all (well most of us) staying here:

Sheraton (http://www.sheratonakron.com/)

Linus
04-19-2006, 11:14 PM
*raises hand while jumping up and down* ME ME ME ME ME! I'll be there!! :cheer2:

Quite possibly with the ever so handsome Bailey....he has a long awaited date with Peaches :hearts:

Fluffy
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Here is the link to the thread. We would :love5: to see you there!!

I am going with Buddy and Heidi!! I am SUPER excited!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to meet you all!!!!!!!!

Fluffy
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Whoops forgot the link!!!!!!!
http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=1286

K2
04-20-2006, 05:29 AM
Me, me, me, me!!!! (Although circumstances are trying to stop me~it won't work~I'll be there!!!) I am either having a road trip with Nancy(keeping my fingers crossed for that becuase it'll be so much fun and I can bring Pippit), or I might have to fly. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Don't worry anyone~Pippit will join in the barking!!! Especially if you're a male. But if you have a treat(or two or three), he'll be okay!

Nancy
04-20-2006, 07:40 AM
whooo hooo, i'm so all over this!

i'm hoping to be driving out with Karen and maybe Jill....... Naturally, it will take us a zillion hours to get there, 'cause Piss Bag's gotta well, pee!! :rotfl:

Not sure if there is anyone on this board that is familuliar with the area, but is there a Quaker Steak and Lube near by? If so, it's beer and wing night for me Friday AND Saturday!!

K2
04-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Not sure if there is anyone on this board that is familuliar with the area, but is there a Quaker Steak and Lube near by? If so, it's beer and wing night for me Friday AND Saturday!!

Hmm....I wonder if they have Weight Watcher selctions?!?! :rotfl:

Jen
04-20-2006, 09:23 AM
:( I'm not going. Maybe some year! DH isn't social, so I'd have to go alone methinks, and I'm not sure Tasha is up to dealing with sooo many dogs (the people she'd be ok with ;) )

Anatresia
04-20-2006, 09:32 AM

Not sure about Quaker Steak- their website lists cities, but I'm not familiar enough with Ohio to know if any are close! (I personally think their "Buffalo" wings suck, but that's just my humble opinion and I'm a wing snob.)

According to Trip Advisor, there is a Friendly's, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Joe's Crab Shack, and an Applebee's. Plus a few local restaurants.

K2
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
According to Trip Advisor, there is a Friendly's, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Joe's Crab Shack, and an Applebee's. Plus a few local restaurants.

I would like to put in a request that at least once we dine(and drink)at Applebee's!!(I know what I can eat there!!!):)

Anatresia
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
I would like to put in a request that at least once we dine(and drink)at Applebee's!!(I know what I can eat there!!!):)

I can WALK to Applebee's here!! I vote for Joe's Crab Shack- we don't have one of those!

Lisa
04-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Tanya's going to want input into this one too...not sure what she will eat. I'm good, whatever you guys decide, I will be there!

quavec
04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I vote for Joe's Crab Shack- we don't have one of those!

Okay, I'm not going, but if y'all go to Joe's Crab Shack, you gotta pick a 'victim' to lie to the staff about. Tell the staff that it's this persons bday...they make you get in a chair and :hula1: (not hula but boogie) :rotfl:

AND TAKE PICTURES for those of us not quite fortunate enough to go!!!!! :pray:

Jill
04-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Wait, will the hotel let the dogs stay in the rooms alone?

JanUet
04-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay, I'm not going, but if y'all go to Joe's Crab Shack, you gotta pick a 'victim' to lie to the staff about. Tell the staff that it's this persons bday...they make you get in a chair and :hula1: (not hula but boogie) :rotfl:

AND TAKE PICTURES for those of us not quite fortunate enough to go!!!!! :pray:

Somehow:scratch: me thinks I will be the VICTIM! :rotfl:

The Smiths are going! Doug, Januet, Casey and Sophie! I will be doing the 6 hour drive with MANY potty breaks on the way! Not for the Pupperz but for me! I don't think I can hold an XLarge Double, Double Coffee for very long! 6 hour drive ---at least 4 coffees on the way!

Mama S.
04-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I will know on Tuesday what PJ's surgery schedule is so will update then!
Mama

Jen
04-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Is there a Waffle House? That's my fave--not low cal though!

Michelle
04-20-2006, 02:01 PM
I was hoping I could go, but now I am pretty certain that I have to be in Brunswick, Georgia on July 11th. for more training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training so making a road trip the weekend before I have to leave town for 2 weeks might not be possible,,

Unless, I plan on driving down to Georgia and would leave on Friday and arrive in Ohio for the Picnic and then start heading back down toward Georgia on Sunday... I will have to see how expensive Gas is by that time, I heard it could go up to over $4.00 a gallon by the summer :shocked: :shocked:

I know I am going to see Mamma S. when I am in Georgia, I will be far away from her, but I am there over a weekend, so I plan on going to see her during that weekend, I am psyched about that!!!!!!!:banana: :banana:

Lisa
04-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes Jill, the dogs can stay in the room alone. No problem, the way the rooms are set up is really cool too. The bedroom has french doors so they can't see the hallway. The boys were really great last year when we went out.

quavec
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Is there a Waffle House? That's my fave--not low cal though!
YUMMMM! The awful waffle! BEST place in the world at 2am (none of ours are open 24hrs right now but we are :please: they gear back up soon!:rotfl: )

oceangirls
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I am really, really hoping to come... depending on circumstances.

It will just be me this time although I think Cassie would love it (but the shy Angel would not and they have not been separated that long, plus I would probably fly and I do not trust C. not to make noise the whole flight).

I would love to meet you all!:cheer2:

Jen, you could come alone - you could be my date :D

Fluffy
04-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Food?? DId someone mention FOOD??? I'll eat ANYTHING, ANYWHERE!!! (Just not LIVER BLECH) I'll be happy as a pig in slop as long as I have my russians!!!!!!!

K2
04-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Food?? DId someone mention FOOD??? I'll eat ANYTHING, ANYWHERE!!! (Just not LIVER BLECH) I'll be happy as a pig in slop as long as I have my russians!!!!!!!

I'll be happy with my vodka and Diet Coke(I know, I know) And hey~if I offer to walk everyone's pups while we're there.....I can have a few more........:)

Goob
04-20-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm going!!! I'm flying in to Harrisburg PA and driving out with Fluff. :banana: I'm down for any kind of food, though I do have severe shellfish allergies. :pout: But, come to think of it, if I gave Janet my Epipin, we could eat at Joes and any sign of a-shock setting in she could give me the shot in the butt! :laughing:

Fluffy
04-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Yay for me not having to give you a shot in the butt!! I don't do needles and i REALLY don't want to see yer butt! I love ya but :woohoo: JanUet gets that job!!!

quavec
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
:pout: But, come to think of it, if I gave Janet my Epipin, we could eat at Joes and any sign of a-shock setting in she could give me the shot in the butt! :laughing:

Hey, Goob, DH just got TWO epipens......I've told him if he has a reaction to anything and needs the shot, he better give me a call. I want so bad to jam that sucker in his A$$ :rotfl: I so :hearts: that man.

laura
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
sounds like so much fun!!

Does anyone know any of the vendors who will be there? I 'd like to be one, but in case I cannot go, wanted to see if any of the vendors would like to add the book the items they are selling. ( although I would like to come) Not really driving distance though...

Jill
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
I am going to eat at Skyline for breakfast lunch and dinner. SKYLINE CHEESE CONEY'S HERE I COME!!!!:banana: :cheer2:

DoxieDiva
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
That would be me, Moose & Oreo AT LEAST....perhaps Steve...but who knows what kind of mood he'll be in! LOL I know Beckie is hoping to go & I know Mark & Lori are going and so are Janet & Darren....so we will have a decent size group there too.

As for restaurant....we enjoyed the Mexican restaurant we went to last year..>GREAT MARGUERITAS!

Dana

mydachsies
05-05-2006, 06:10 PM
What is the closest airport there?I will have to fly probably if I decide to go.